Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Have you guy's seen the 3rd brake light?

BLACKTALON

Corvette
1994 ADMARIAL BLUE Z-51 COUPE
Just what it says.A few years back I remember the third brake light on a C-4 that lit up the word Corvette has any one else seen this,and if so where can I get the lite kit?:w

BLACKTALON said:
Just what it says.A few years back I remember the third brake light on a C-4 that lit up the word Corvette has any one else seen this,and if so where can I get the lite kit?:w

The only place I have seen them for sale is e-bay (there I said the E word):D

alka1967 said:
Try this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8050688271&fromMakeTrack=true

If that doesn't work, it's eBay item number 8050688271.

Up for auction for another 2 days.

Say...thats a pretty cool decal.....I would love to get one....but I can't. See for some reason my 87 never came with a third brake light. All thats there is a plain painted black body panel.....you would never know something was supposed to be there. I still can't figure out what happened there???:confused

I bought the same decal about a year or so ago and never put it on. I actually forgot about it until I read this thread.

FFAST87 said:
Say...thats a pretty cool decal.....I would love to get one....but I can't. See for some reason my 87 never came with a third brake light. All thats there is a plain painted black body panel.....you would never know something was supposed to be there. I still can't figure out what happened there???:confused

Are you talking about in your back bumper? Because on the coupes till a certain year I think around 92 they were in the top of the hatch by the glass. You sure you don't have one? I thought it was a safety regulation to have a third brake light in 86...

85's and earlier didn't have the third break light. The rear window may have been replaced with an 85 or 84 rear window.

Vettefan87 said:
Are you talking about in your back bumper? Because on the coupes till a certain year I think around 92 they were in the top of the hatch by the glass. You sure you don't have one? I thought it was a safety regulation to have a third brake light in 86...

hi there guys,
my 1991 vette has the third brake light in rear bumper and thanks to this thread have now ordered two corvette ones!
should look nice!
cheers
glen
sxyvet
Australia

Vettefan87 said:

I'm referring to the third brake light atop the rear hatch. There is no light..just plain black painted metal . No third light on rear bumper for an 87.
It is possible the rear hatch was replaced with an 85 or 84.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom