Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Headlight locations, types...

M&W's72vette

Corvette
Idaho's only twin turbo big block 72 vette
I am curious how different headlight mounting locations affect the way the lights work at night. Does anybody here have the recessed lights in place of the factory popups? Do they cast shadows on the sides because of the way they are set in the fender? Gransport C3, do your lights cast a good pattern with them mounted lower than stock height? Also what kind of lights does everybody have? I have halogen lights on mine and they work alot better than the old sealed beams ever did but there is always room for improvment. Does anybody have HID lights on anything?

i had the recessed in mine for a few years and it was alittle tougher to see at night with mine,but i also have to wear glasses at night too.I went back to stock but removed the vacuum and converting to electric.

m&w, i have the monza style light on mine. they do cut a little of the bottom of the road. but not too much. so to off-set that issue i installed driving lights behind the grilles . they do a great job of filling in the dark spots on the road.
also, i have made lexan covers from a light blue tinted material(matches the color of car somewhat). as a plus it tends to make the lights look whiter at night

robin

hello, i talked with a disney engineer today about build some doors for my monza lights. i am working on a plan for the doors to drop down to reveal the lights. once i verify clearances , he will help me design the bracketry and actuators...

i'll keep you posted..

robin

I picked up a set of HID headlights off of eBay (mfg. by Miig) and they were basically plug and play....take out the old, plug in the new and they worked great. Much cheaper and easier than the thread on Corvette Forum.

thumper, can i ask what you paid for tje hid set-up? also, will that work with other shaped lights, like the square ones in my monza style assembly?

robin

Robin74
I have been kicking that Idea around for mine, (pop down) I made covers for mine but took them off as they fog up in cold weather I am using 9005, 9006 halogen bulbs and two small driving lights. they light up the road much better then the old bulbs ever did

thumper, can i ask what you paid for tje hid set-up? also, will that work with other shaped lights, like the square ones in my monza style assembly?

$120 + shipping for a set of high & low beam units. The HID bulbs come with new housings that also include a small lights they call "city lights". Kind of a ricer thing, but they have possibilities. The HID lights are much, much brighter than the halogens I had in there before.

thumper do you remember the ebay user ID of the seller I am always looking for brighter lights as I drive at night alot.
Craig sr.

thumper do you remember the ebay user ID of the seller I am always looking for brighter lights as I drive at night alot.

The seller ID is buyerzheaven. They have a feedback rating of 2,963 and counting, so they're not a fly by night outfit. If they aren't listing the exact application you're looking for, just e-mail them at buyerzheaven@yahoo.com. They'll let you know if they have it and what their price is. Fast shipping too.

Jeff

boss, do you still have your old headlight housings? if so, i need someone to make a template from posterboard. then i can have the covers made with the correct gap for drop-down covers.
haven't decided whether to use vaccum or electric actuators. fun part is i have access to both,,,he he he

robin :Twist

robin
email me your address and I will send you a template , I used the headlights to make a template and have one laying around somewhere. my e-mail is in my profile.
CRaig sr

greeting i just wanted to let all the fellow CACers know that Craig Sr. is a great stand-up guy. someone we should be proud to have in our group of enthusiasts
i needed a template for a project idea and he came through. it was prompt and just what i asked for. BIG KUDOS to you craig Sr(bossvette) i hope i can call you my friend

sincerely robin

:beer

Aircraft landing lights

If you desire instant daylight , place a set of landing lights #4537 in the inside bright headlight ports. Relatively easy to install with out a lot of BS. You can NEVER outdrive them. I put them in everything that has 4 small round lights including my 68. See the 62`s below:D
558329s.jpg

I checked and found them on the net. Can you upgrade the regular driving lights with something similiar, or only the brights?

-Vic

vmrod said:
I checked and found them on the net. Can you upgrade the regular driving lights with something similiar, or only the brights?

-Vic
Only the brights, as they are only two wire lights. You will have to make some small connector wires, because they have a small screw contact. Or as I have done, with a solder gun, heated up the post and put the posts from the old inners on the new bulb and not use any wires. Once you get them you will see what I mean... It`s not exactly a drop in deal, but fairly simple to do.
Any trouble, contact me and I`ll help. But as I said, VERY easy switch and brighter than HELL. :upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom