Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Heat

Ollie

Corvette
I have a 97 coupe and it gets very hot when parked in the sun even up here in New Hampshire. I had a 78 SA with mirrored T-tops and it never got hot because the tops refelcted the sun. The top on the 97 is not mirrored and only has a slight blue tint. Has anyone seen a mirrored top similar to the ones in the SA that would reflect the sun and keep the car cooler inside.
On Monday it was so hot inside I could not even touch the top to remove it. Needed my gloves.
Only disavantage to the 78 SA T-Tops was the weight compared to the top on the 97.

This is not quite what you asked, but could be of some help. There are some liners that can be applied to the inside of the roof panel that limit the solar gain into the car. I believe that there are the cling-on type (which I have used), and maybe something more substantial. This can help with the temperature of a parked car, but will not keep the top itself from getting hot.

To me the blue smoked top makes like a green house on the inside... And on my face since the sun beats down on me.

Therefore I only run my red painted top, I like my red solid color better anyway.

You can also do like DRTH VTR said I hear the liners do work too. I have not seen a mirrored top like your older Vette for a C5 though...

I also use one of those silver sun shades on the windshield too while my car is parked...

I agree last year I used the glass top in the summer and the car got much hotter then this year; I left the solid top on since it is quieter but also keeps the sun out better.

Perhaps have the glass top tinted with a reflective tint ?

Guess its time to look for a solid tourch red top. I may also investigate tinted reflective coatings.
I also agree with ToolGuy it does act like a Green house.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom