Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help any one know where I can get pully/bracket replacement for A/C

redc4corvette

Corvette
1994 Red vert 1986 Blue Silver vette coupe
Anyone know where I can get a pully replacement for the A/C compressor on a 1986 L98.
Want to delete the A/C compressor.
I have found ford and 94 to 2004 A/C compressor delete brackets for corvette but nothing for a 1986.
Thank you in advance!:confused

You won't find any for the Corvette, because although it was supposedly available with air conditioning as a delete option, not many (if any) were ordered without air.

What I did was modify the existing bracket so that the tensioner was still functional but the ear the held the a/c compressor was cut off. I routed the belt around the tension the opposite of what is was originally. Works fine, but I still want to pretty it up someday - but that costs money! :L

DSCF0018_a.JPG

DSCF0019_a.JPG

:CAC

How handy are you. Maybe a pully for the tensioner, mounted on a bracket would work . Is the compressor on the 86 on the same place as my 90 ? A little mesuring and a little work I could make up a stainless bracket to mount a tensioner pulley on . Maybe a market out there for it ? :w

Ken. I am confused. what manifold do you have on yours ?

TPiS Mini-Ram.

I've been eyeballin' the March and Zoop's pulley set-ups but so far haven't found exactly what I need. ;shrug

Besides, as I said, those guys want mucho dinero for their sets; with a little thought and effort, I'm sure something could be worked up that would cost a tenth as much. ;)

I see you have the same smog pump pulley I do .
I can't figure out why they only make the A/C eliminator pulley for 92 to 2004 and not an a/c eliminator for the 86, looks like you left the bracket but what belt did you use and is that a dart block?

Sorry I just looked your ken with the 406 I think?

Thanks for the pic,which belt did you use,part # or?

Another Q where did you geet the headers?? I need a set for my 86 can I borrow yours?I know :(

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom