Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

help - i've got a 62-65 327 small block engine 3782870

mrmx74

Corvette
1972 Stingray Drop Top
trying to find out what this came out of, what was offered regarding the options .... 72098 310 2217 FI OI SRO is stamped on it - have asked everyone i know - please help - greatly appreciated

trying to find out what this came out of, what was offered regarding the options .... 72098 310 2217 FI OI SRO is stamped on it - have asked everyone i know - please help - greatly appreciated

That 327 block was used from '62-'65 in passenger, truck, and Corvette applications. Please re-check the stamping starting with the "F" - the "S" should be a number (not a letter), and see if the "O" after the "R" is a "C" or a "Q" instead. I have no listing for an "RO" suffix.

Also, the first part of the stamping (72098 310 2217) doesn't appear to be a factory stamping - can you post a photo of the pad?

:beer

I agree that a photo of the stamp pad is needed, because some things just don't seem correct. Does not appear to be a Corvette stamping, possibly a 64 powerglide Chevelle.

The first part of the stamping that is not what we would expect to see on a block pad may be a rebuilders stamp. Some remanufacturing companies add their own codes to finished rebuilds.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom