Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help me price my 68

A

andrewmckernon

I have a 68 with a 69 350 in it, without matching numbers mind you. It's not fully restored, but damn close. The paint isn't that great. The heater doesn't work. It runs great. How much should i start asking for this car? Can someone please help me out?

THanks
Andrew

You don't give us much to go on....miliage..body condition/original paint.....interior issues........trim issues.........custom pieces........extras........key in on ebay and track what they are doing (on auctions that don't appear to have shills).

Ballpark for a driver 68 with a good frame should be 8000 and up.........rough cars less....big block....low mile cars and survivors way up there.

Jim

more to go on...

it is more or less stock. NOT original paint job. The headlights were replaced with monza lights (not my doing, i hate them), the hood a high rise hood. It has both a soft top and a hard top, leather seats, new carpet, and that's pretty much it. THe body condition is great even though the paint is not. It has no breaks or cracks.

What do you think now...?

I'd still have to say...

...check eBay and auto trader publications for comparable prices on vettes similar to yours.
I think members would only be able to ballpark a figure, not being able to see and drive your vette to determine a fair asking price. I do know that the chrome bumper sharks command higher prices than the later sharks. I think if you check the going prices of similar vettes, and you know what you paid for it and what you've put into it, you should be able to come up with a very fair price.

Because everyone wants to try to talk down the price...does it help to rate the car higher so you can be 'talked down' to your sale price of what you wanted to get in the first place?
Heidi

I would say in the 8-10k range.Isay high being 10k cause it is a conv.But is a non matching motor and the wrong color.If someone were to restore the car back to original between paint and motor it could cost upwards of 10k....JERRY

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom