Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HELP: Need to figure out which wipoer arm is for passenger & driver's side

ghr4news

Corvette
1986 Coupe
HELP: Need to figure out which wiper arm is for passenger & driver's side

Took out the wiper arms on my 86 as part of a restoration project. I thought I had marked them, but apparently didn't & now I can't tell which arm goes where.
The arms are different as one has a slight bend at the tip and the other one is straight. Went on different auto parts sites and wound up getting more confused as they all had information which contradicted the other.
Turning to the forum for help. All I would need is for someone with an 1986 standard coupe to take a picture of their wiper arms so I can match mine.

Much thanks,

George

Last edited:
Took out the wiper arms on my 86 as part of a restoration project. I thought I had marked them, but apparently didn't & now I can't tell which arm goes where.
The arms are different as one has a slight bend at the tip and the other one is straight. Went on different auto parts sites and wound up getting more confused as they all had information which contradicted the other.
Turning to the forum for help. All I would need is for someone with an 1986 standard coupe to take a picture of their wiper arms so I can match mine.

Much thanks,

George

The wiper arm pin that the wiper blade snaps on to points up. Here's a picture of the passenger side. When the arms are installed, the passenger side arm is on top of the driver side wiper arm.

Had the same problem recently with my 84, for the same reason. Found the tap you pull out to remove them goes towards the top of windshield, NOT towards engine.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom