Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Here's NHRA photos

I loved Englishtown NJ as a race track. I havn't been there since 1986 to watch a National Event but I did win Class in 1981 and 1982 at the NHRA Summernationals.

Bob

NHRA pics

Hello Mike
Thanks very much for posting the pics. I love the yellow coupe. I hope you had a good time at the drags. I don't think people realize how loud the cars are until they get there. People just don't get that from the TV

Hi Bob
I went to your web site. Stock Eliminator is a tough class to be in. You must know your stuff to have won a National event. That would not of been an easy task
Tom

I had a ball at Atco two years ago renewing my NHRA Dragster license that expired in 1962 :D

Launch2g.jpg

:lou

Gettin' back in the game John, or just playing with your toys? :cool

henny496 said:
Hello Mike
Thanks very much for posting the pics. I love the yellow coupe. I hope you had a good time at the drags. I don't think people realize how loud the cars are until they get there. People just don't get that from the TV

Hi Bob
I went to your web site. Stock Eliminator is a tough class to be in. You must know your stuff to have won a National event. That would not of been an easy task
Tom

I won the Class not the Eliminator. 13.4 @ 99 MPH is trucking with a 283 and a 4GC Carb, stock intake, valves pistons etc. The car had to have a full interior and meet the factory shipping weight . I let the clutch out on the wagon at 7200 and shifted at 7200 RPM. The rear end was a 12 bolt with 6.14s and Firestone 9-29.5-15s on the rear.

Fun ride. :)

67HEAVEN said:
Bob,

Way to thrash that ol' 283. Chevy power! :beer

Yup , I had to spin the engine up there. With a Hyd Cam that could only have .399 lift there wasn't much room for error. Intake valves were 1.72, stock rockers , intake manifold and a Muncie 4 speed. it worked the best when you let the clutch out just as the valves started to float.

After all this time I can still hear it. I've been playing with 283s since the 60s.

Bob :w

Ken said:
Gettin' back in the game John, or just playing with your toys? :cool

Nope, just playing - after all the years since campaigning my front-motor AA/FD in '61-'62, just wondered if I could get re-licensed in a dragster at 62; passed the NHRA physical, spent three days with Doug Foley and one of his cars, made twelve runs, got my dragster license again :) . With today's tires, the first 100 feet is unbelievable - in '62, we just smoked 'em for 1320 feet. :D
:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom