Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hey Bullit!!

S

sscam69

Hows it going bullit with that Big Block?

I have got to do some runs on the sim for you now that I know what your target is.

Tight budget I would assume, aren't we all on one?:eyerole

I am going to make a serious effort to run those sims for your setup this weekend.

I have got a job that depends on how my hours you put in (that means low paying) and I am working Mon-Sat 9:00-6:30 and I am taking 1 class for my masters. I have to take this poor student life for another 2 yrs. AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

needless to say my schedules a bit tight, BUT like I said I am going to make an effort this weekend and shoot for those 500hp you seek, at least on the sim:cool :s

No big hurries on my part, Frank. I need to get some other things sorted out before I actually start buying parts. I need to decide on compression ratios and what not. If you could do this for me: take those Lunati specs I gave you last time and bump the compression ratio on the same engine to 9:1 and then 9.5:1. We'll see how that bumps the power. I'm still thinking of a future supercharger, so I don't want to go over on compression. Thanks for volunteering Frank. I really appreciate it.

If you don't have Speed Channel yet, I've been taping Dream Car Garage and Two Guys Garage (formerly Crank&Chrome on TNN). It might not be till the end of the summer before I get all the episodes edited and such. If you want, I can make you a copy.

--Bullitt

Hey bullit

Here is the curve for the first cam with a 9.5 compression

I tried this grind from lunait just for fun. I think its #50267lun, I shutdown the window on accident. I think you are going to like it.

I set the comression at 10:1 since it looks like you are going with aluminum heads and its feasible, also I used a roller instead of a flat tappen lifter.

Enjoy!!

There is some awesome low end torque on this grind. I think you are going to twist the chassis. You better take that into account on your budget! LOL

How does 780 hp sound to you!!

I don't know if its out on the stands but the August issue of car craft has a setup that I think you are looking for and I don't think it could of have come at a better time.

Its a 454 with iron heads and a vortech supercharger running 5-7psi of boost. 780hp at the flywheel.

Is that what you were looking for?!
:bu :bu :bu :bu :bu :bu :bu :bu
;worship ;worship ;worship ;worship ;worship
:j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j

I am going to make a mental note on that setup.

You see Frank, that's why when it comes down to it, I'd rather use money for a supercharger than aluminum heads. The cost is more or less the same, but the end benefits are just incomparable. Hood clearance becomes an issue, but I think I could get around that with a few altercations. I've been a bit busy, but I should be pulling my motor sometime in the next month or so. No Sharkfest for me. :(

--Bullitt

I see your point

In the artilcle it states that Vortech by this time should have something you could bolt on in a car. The setup for a carb are for marine apps. Yeah it don't take much with a supercharger and you still have a streetable setup.

I mean, like the saying goes "there ain't no replacement for dispclacement except boost" well with a lot of displacement and not much boost 780 horse are pulling you down the street.

You can probably get close to 700hp N/A but I don't know how streetable that engine is going to be. The supercharger would make it that much easier to attain high power and stay streetable actually very streetable! That particular setup costs $2k up front but I don't know how much hidden cost there is.

Cany anybody say SC502!!:crazy I love thinking this stuff up, wish my pocket book could handle it!

Yeah bullit I see your dilema. Decisions Decisions Decisions, whats one to do?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom