Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hey Texas, how's the hauler idea coming along??

*89x2*

I know Shopview is in charge of this, just wondering how many Texans are on board the hauler - it is a two-way hauler, right?? Wouldn't want to leave them on the east-coast :chuckle

redb2k's

Corvette
Lots of vettes-several b2k's
I have not heard anything. I believe Mark in out of town now. I am hoping we have an empty spot on the way up there, Maybe I can bring a new one to Texas. The black '89 would be a nice one.:D

redb2k's

Corvette
Lots of vettes-several b2k's
If the price is right. It is not looking like it right now. Hopefully things will change. It is pretty far from Texas. It is not in the plans as of now.

Brangeta

Sounds to me like Callaway's next project should be a bus so everybody from Texas can not only share a hauler but also carpool. :L

shopview

Corvette
94 Callaway SNAT450TT,96 Callaway CE,91 B2K TT-001
Guys I got a quote for $16k which is way beyond my price point. The main issue is the driver would basically have to deliver, wait for the event to end then pickup since the cars will be outside. At BG they had a warehouse so we could deliver and pick up flexibly. Looking for ideas but funds are really tight here. 16k is way outside my range for a truck even shared

Been out of the country for a week so you can imagine what its like at work being back in the country. I've been home 1.2 days in the last 3 wks.

shopview

Corvette
Hey Shopview, is your green one still in BG @ the warehouse??

If so, my offer still stands :beer
Thanks Chris, I got a great deal to bring them back together and they stored them for a while in BG till the pickup. The folks at the NCM were awesome.

I'll do some more research, just drowning at work currently.

*89x2*

I'll do some more research, just drowning at work currently.

Here ya go:

610px-Life_preserver.jpg

If you want to send a car over and fly in, I have the room for three. I know they will not be all yours however, I have extended the offer to a few folks to make the Carlisle show. I hope it helps :beer

shopview

Corvette
Nice unfortunately although raining in Texas I am drowning in project issues instead of water....we'll see how it goes. ANyone finds a good price for shipping let me know.

*89x2*

Nice unfortunately although raining in Texas I am drowning in project issues instead of water....we'll see how it goes. ANyone finds a good price for shipping let me know.

Mark, given the 3 mo. window before the show, you should be able to negotiate somthing, maybe even using that two car hauler company on a last minute "return run" instead of them hauling empty...

That's why the offer on this end is there, so you do not have to have any specific dates for arrival, etc.

Just be careful on how they tie down the wheels this time :eek:hnoes

shopview

Corvette
Now that is a possibility....bring them your way and drop them so timing isn't an issue...would be a nice drive that time of year. Let's see what I can come up with when things calm down in a few weeks.

S

SurfnSun

Ship em to Chris, Mark. Looks like Im going to be pimping my driving services(yea, like I mind :L) from his house, we can all caravan up together. :beer

*89x2*

Ship em to Chris, Mark. Looks like Im going to be pimping my driving services(yea, like I mind :L) from his house, we can all caravan up together. :beer

Best idea yet :cool

First three owners to take this offer up, have indoor storage (*may have room for a fourth) :W

Contact me for details.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom