Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Hi All, recent report data 1969 roadster

Dant1969

Corvette
1969 convertible blue
Hi all, I have recently learned that my 69 convertible originated from Anderson Auto of Wahoo NE. :cool!: Digging a little further learned that this was the origin of the Shriners Vettes as well. Does anyone know if this dealership still exists or a contact person who might help me in my search. Thanks in advance for any help or info.

Google shows Anderson Auto Group has several Ford/Lincoln and Mazda dealerships in the Lincoln and Omaha areas but no GM any more. The Chevy store in Wahoo is Sid Dillon Chevy Buick now.

Tom

Anderson Auto Group

Thanks Tom, I have looked them up and inquired about their dealership and any relationship they may have to the Original Anderson Auto of Wahoo. So far its been a dead end. What I have learned is that The Original owner died sometime in the 80's. Also the dealership closed in the 80's. The chances of finding any dealer records from late 68 or 69 are slim to none.
Since my Vette is an early run 69 and a convertible there is a possibility, however slim, that it was a Shriners car.
having a list of Vin #'s or at least knowing what color they were in 69 would be nice. I have been searching the web for pics of the 69 batch. There are many photos of the cars being picked up but so far none from 69.
I will keep looking someone out there has my answers:w

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    756.9 KB · Views: 165
That's unfortunate. Most likely all of the old sales files were dumped when the store closed.

Is that paint color original to the car? What does the trim tag say? If it's original you may be onto something with the Shriner's connection. I'm sure that you already know that Shriner's Corvettes were usually painted a non-production color.

Tom

Midnight blue metallic

Yea so not the original paint. This is how I found the car in my sisters barn after basically sitting there for 15 years.
Out of the factory this car was 990 Monaco Orange, which I have also heard called Hug orange. No way of knowing for positive because original engine was missing, but console plate and Tach say L-46 350. Also Muncie 4spd still intact with correct Vin stamp. can't locate a tank sticker by looking thru top. maybe i will have to drop the tank to see if I can find it.

Just a little follow up

:happyanim::happyanim: Huge shout out and thanks to Mr Garwood Anderson. he saw my post on the NCRS blog, recognized my car and sent me a message. Through him I was able to find the original owner, and some original dealer info to verify the options as it came from the factory. :thumb

SWEET! Thanks for keeping the thread up to date!
Andy :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom