Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hi-Beam

caddy

Corvette
2005 C6 LeMans Blue
I have a 94 LT1 6 speed coupe and my hi-beam switch on my blinker broke, it's stuck in hi-beam, so naturally it won't get inspected (Texas) anyway I was wondering for the time being until I get enough money to fix it ( I don't really drive it a night anyway) can the hi-beam indicator bulb be removed temporaily?
thanks

Why remove the bulb? If you don't drive at night and the lights are off, the high beam indicator isn't on anyway.

GeorgeT said:
Why remove the bulb? If you don't drive at night and the lights are off, the high beam indicator isn't on anyway.
The whole point is not weather I drive at night but I need to get the vehicle inspected and with it being stuck in the hi-beam position, it won't pass.

Am I missing something here? ...Doesn't the inspector have you switch the hi-beams off and on while he is looking at the headlighs to make sure they are working? ...Anyway...it shouldn't be that much to fix if you feel you can work on your own car.

Nope the inspector (at least in Texas) does not have to check for hi beams, the law does not require you to have hi-beams, all they check for is to see if your headlights work...........besides it's not that easy of a job the steering wheel has to be pulled, and with an airbag, it's kinda dangerous.....all I'm trying to find out is, can I just PULL OUT THE BULB for the inspection?

There is this little plastic piece that is in the column, at the base of the turn signal stalk that interacts with the metal actuator rod. The rod pushes on the switch which is actually at the base of the steering column. You might be able to find the part at one of the purveyors of Corvette Products, or a corvette salvage yard.

Allow about three hours to install. You gotta have it unless you go out and buy an old style foot dimmer switch, make a place to install it on the floor, and wire it in.

Lots of luck, I've been there and done it.....

I would think you could just pull the bulb. I know what your trying to do, because I had to do it on a pickup I had here in TX lol.
The inspector just checks the indicator, and hi-beams arent a requirement, although he might adjust your high beams to normal aim.

GL :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom