Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HIB-High Intensity Headlights

C

CAJUN C4

Anyone using the HIB or High Intensity Blue Headlights. Just wondering how you like them?

could you you give more detailed info on parts ,(sources , brands & part #s)and install procedures??

H6054C $92.88

thanks for posting the info...
is that per pair, (just checking,thats what they shipped you.. I know what it said on the head liner advertizing)?

and do
you currently have them installed?
how difficult was the install?
how do they work for YOU and what was the differance?

OK, I attached some pictures.
I got all my stuff from Daniel Sterns. here's a link to his site. He has good info. From my results his info is not BS.
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/

I have the Cibie lamps. Don't worry, they aren't going to kill your headlight motors. Like I said read his stuff, they have a flat cutoff over the road and a kick up to the right. Light doesn't reflect off rain and you get good coverage on signs on the side of the road. The flat cutoff keeps light out of oncomming drivers eyes.
I got his relay kit. It has sockets and 40a rated relays. I got power from the block behind the battery in pic#1 ran a #6 wire up to a pair of fuse blocks in from of the 2 relays, 2nd pic. The fuses are maxi fuses, mainly because the blocks looked easiest to wire to. The stuff is mounted on the front of the left inner fender. The hardest part is getting new wiring throught the headlight piviot. I put the 3 wires in heat shrink and pulled them together. Spray WD40 on them to get them in it was tight. I used 12ga. If you do it there is teflon coated ultra fine stranded silver plated wire that is better than what I used. But any good 12ga wire will haul enough current for any bulb.
As for running the relays look at the shop manual wiring diagrams. I cut the orginal wires to the headlights on the left side and pulled them over to the relays. Then put heatshrink over the cut ends on the right side. Be sure to clean up the ground connections.
I got the 100/130w bulbs. they put out as much light as any arc discharge and the light is white not the blue stuff that hurts your eyes. Beware the wiring is an absolute must for these bulbs. He won't sell them without a relay kit. They would just blow the fuses the first time you turn them on since two of them pull 18amps on low beam! Needless to say they don't last forever like regular headlights but when I was using my vette for my work road warrior car they lasted over a year. the sockets still take a beating put some anticorrosion grease on them.
The relay kit is worth it even if you don't go with the overwatt bulbs just do the voltage drop test, I had over .5v drop through the factory wiring. If you look at light output vs voltage .5v makes a lot of difference.
Cost was all total about $200 and an afternoon. If you drive at night on a long trip you will be suprised how much some decent light reduces driver fatigue. Even better, you see the truck tire carcas in time to drive around it instead of just run over it!
I would do it again for sure.

JS

H6054C $92.88

thanks for posting the info...
is that per pair, (just checking,thats what they shipped you.. I know what it said on the head liner advertizing)?

and do
you currently have them installed?
how difficult was the install?
how do they work for YOU and what was the differance?

$92.88 is for a pair

I do not have them installed...yet :) I will when I get home from this deployment.

I've read several other members comments and they swear by them. If your vette is a 95-96 model then I believe you won't need to install a relay.

Good luck and keep me posted.

Take care and be safe,

Don

:pat

I put these on my car about three years ago but I don't remember where I bought them.
I have the 100/130watt bulbs and I love them but you can't take full advantage of all that wattage because a vette is too low.
In order to shine max distance they need to be much higher but they are still a huge improvement over the stock seal beam.
Mine have a sharp cutoff and do not bother oncoming traffic. I don't remember where I got them but I know I did not pay anywhere near the $200.00 price from the site posted.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom