Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HID foglights ?

fatbloke-dim

Corvette
93 'vert,bright aqua,lt-1
HID front foglights ?

Has anyone installed the HID foglight conversion from Topline / TLG into a C4 ? Just wondering how you got on with it .The connectors don't bear much resemblance to the existing C4 wiring , as you'd expect ,but the "Chinglish" installation notes have nought but comedy value !!;LOLBeing a U.K. based vehicle ,the front fogs have been wired to operate as sidelights/park lights , position 1 on the main lighting switch , as the headlight units have been swopped out for Euro spec Hella's , the sidelight function of which is unused as a result . Did you get any grief with the electronix ? How 'bout headlights ? Had any experience with Yosi's kits ?

On my '88 the parking lights ground through the filiment of the headlights. However, I was able to convert them to use 55W bulb by providing a seperate ground. Works great. Urban driving seldom requires the flip-ups. Search for the step-by-step instructions... in this forum somsplace.
ps, just changing the bulbs won't work.

On my '88 the parking lights ground through the filiment of the headlights. However, I was able to convert them to use 55W bulb by creating a separate ground. Works great. Urban driving seldom requires the flip-ups. Search for the step-by-step instructions... in this forum some place.
ps, just changing the bulbs won't work.

Thanx Charles !

I'll have to look into that a bit deeper , there is some additional wiring around the foglights , I would think associated with the ground requirements and re-routing of live feeds given the change of function between fog and park/sidelights . I have the full kit for the conversion ,with partial wiring and weatherproof connectors , and the required ballasts ,so it will not be a case of just changing the bulbs .It should be a fairly simple matter to ascertain which are the grounds and replicate or re-use them ,but there are more connections to/from the ballasts than just feed and return toand from the bulbs , and needless to say ,the connectors don't match with any previously fitted , either factory-fit or as modified . To add a little more flavour to the conundrum , the modded wires are'nt colour coded - all pale blue ! Not insurmountable ,I dare say , but I feel a bit disinclined just now , with the weather ....dark , damp ,and blowing an Easterly straight from Siberia !! Oh ,yeah....all the good stuff !!!!

hids

i take it you already bought a set. corvette hids a company here sells a plug and play set for 114.00 us i had bought a set for our 05 mustang from a chinise company and ended up sending them back! because they would not work correctly. google corvette hids and you should get what ur looking for. they also make a hid kit for the head lights very pricey though around 900.00 us

C4 Corvette HID Foglight Conversion Kit

That's the link to the set I got ,they appear identical , apart from maybe the printing on the body of the ballasts , all the wiring connectors are the same between the 2 kits , as far as I can see but does'nt match with any of the existing connectors . However ...... the CorvetteHID set appears to cost a fair bit less ! Oh ,well , you pays yer money........What aggrieves me more , is all the charges the U.K. customs make on imported goods , plus our punitive 20% sales tax . Squeez'em 'till the pips squeak ! Anyhoo ,all I have to do is fit them ,and figure out the wiring and someplace to mount the ballasts . The one on the left side is reasonably easy , the right side calls for a little more creativity . Will post up what occurs when the time comes . It's all weather-dependent , and it ain't looking too good just now . Ever notice how winter drags on and on and on , whilst summer comes and goes in a heartbeat ?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom