Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

High flow cat ?

Parrothead

Corvette
Quazar Blue 92
I just ordered the Corsa Power Pulse cat back system. How much differance is there with replacing the cats with high flow ones or just leaving them stock?

Thanks for any advice.....

Parrothead said:
I just ordered the Corsa Power Pulse cat back system. How much differance is there with replacing the cats with high flow ones or just leaving them stock?

Thanks for any advice.....

I replaced my LT1 cats with high flow metal matrix cats only because of my LT headers. The stock LT1 cats are supposed to be pretty darn good.

Mike

Probably pick up a little power and throatier exhaust but your wallet is going to get skinnier. I'd vote nwi (not worth it) and spend the 500 bucks on something else for your baby.

I think a little back pressure is good for low end torque anyhoo. Put those fine pipes on there and enjoy the difference they make in your car. You are going to freak how much better it runs, looks and sounds. And yes there's exhaust coming out of both tips, but only one gets black (it's a miracle)

LT1 cats flow very well, I would not replace them until headers go on the car, if ever.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom