Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

High performance blower motor for a C3

Koop

Corvette
YELLOW 69 modified GM Crate ZZ383, LS2 TBSS
Years ago I put a high performance blower motor in my '69. It was stolen out of my car about 10 years ago, stock blower motors were the only replacements available, so it's been back to stock for a decade.

Is there any such animal available these days?

I'd sure like to get anohter one, the HP blower really moved more air and I miss it.

Thanks.

I don't know if the unit I had included a more powerful motor or a bigger squirrel cage...

But that sounds like it's on track!

When it gets up to 82 here in So. Cal. we think it's the end of the world. I'll follow that up and maybe take a stab at it.

Maybe I'll run across the SOB with the '70 that took parts of my car someday (hopefully he'll be in a crosswalk).

Thanks for the tip.

Some folks install the C4 squirrel cage. It requires a 1/2" spacer on a C3, but flows more air.

:)

Some folks install the C4 squirrel cage. It requires a 1/2" spacer on a C3, but flows more air.

Maybe someone that has done this will chime in! That would be an easy upgrade.

Maybe someone that has done this will chime in! That would be an easy upgrade.

There's a How-To article in a back issue of one of the Corvette mags. I read the article, but can't recall which magazine it was in. Possibly Corvette Enthusiast. Swap involves mounting the C4 squirrel cage on the C3 blower motor, then fabbing up a ring mount spacer between the blower motor and the heater box.

Excellent link, the C4 squirrel cage sounds like the trick. I'll believe it blows like a tornado when I see it though.

I think I need to tape up my ducts as well, I don't think the shop did that when the car was apart a few years back. I hate climbing under that dash but I'm gonna do it!

Now to find the time.

Excellent link, the C4 squirrel cage sounds like the trick. I'll believe it blows like a tornado when I see it though.

I think I need to tape up my ducts as well, I don't think the shop did that when the car was apart a few years back. I hate climbing under that dash but I'm gonna do it!

Now to find the time.
And "The Liquid Refreshment"! Also, don't forget the "Yea....I did it party" after it's all done :chuckle! Good luck with the project, and don't forget to tell us how it turns out. Good stuff, bad stuff, stuff to watch out for, and all of that.
Andy :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom