Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

holley replacement/66 L-72

fstblk66

Corvette
66 coupe,72 vert,
Does anybody know who makes a direct bolt-on replacement carburetor that will allow use of my existing throttle and transmission linkage, manifold, and breather?. This will replace the Holley 3247

fstblk66 said:
Does anybody know who makes a direct bolt-on replacement carburetor that will allow use of my existing throttle and transmission linkage, manifold, and breather?. This will replace the Holley 3247

Holley used to make a replacement carb for the motor I am not sure if they still do.

I am just confused on the trans linkage you have to connect as the L72 only had a 4 speed behind it

Here is a link to a carb on ebay now ,I dont know the seller or the quaility of the carb

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3247...645573367QQcategoryZ34202QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

fstblk66 said:
Holley makes one.

I`m using a 3310 Holley with vacuum secondaries on a L72 "IP" 66 427 in a 68 Camaro with a Turbo 400 trans and it runs great. Direct replacement. In fact GM never built a 68 Camaro or any other car with a L72 against a turbo 400 in 68. Only lower HP BB`s. But I did!

PS, this is either a 735 or 750 CFM carb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom