Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Home at last

Dukeallen

Corvette
1989 Bright Red Coupe
Brought our new to us 89 home, finally, last night, after the 2 day A/C repair turned into 5 days. Lightning and thunder as I got in it to head home, moderately heavy rain on the ride, but at least it was only 8 miles. And I found out that the headlights and wipers work great :eyerole.
Just as I pulled in our driveway the rain stopped and we took a quick pic. S6300631.jpgI ran the build sheet and found out that although it doesn't have the Z51 option, it does have all the fan and oil cooler goodies plus the performance axle ratio. Nice...
NOW I finally am a vette owner :Twist

Looks Great! What year is it? Stick or automatic? Be careful driving it in the rain. It can swap ends on you quicker than you can turn the wheel.

Congrats!

excellent!;)

Looks Great! What year is it? Stick or automatic? Be careful driving it in the rain. It can swap ends on you quicker than you can turn the wheel.

Congrats!

Thanks! It's an 89/auto. I took it REAL easy. I've gone for spins in cars with RWD and wide tires many times in the rain :W

Nice ride! I've read '89 is one of the best years for the C4. Hopefully you'll get a sunny day to get out and enjoy it soon.

Thanks all. I've found that the people on the vette forums are the friendliest I've found in the 14 years I've been online. I wish I'd joined sooner!
:beer
:w

I agree. I'm a newbie too. I've had tons of help & good comments researching my newly acquired '93. Everybody has helped me with understanding the significance of finding a ZO7 car. Just dumb luck on my part. Actuators & Bilstein shocks aren't there but eventually can be replaced.
Right now I'm doing the normal fluid changes & servicing that I do when I get a "new" car. AC recharged. Wx stripping & interior work next. Not that much to do to it mechanically even though it has 91k. It was well cared for & runs like a top.

This site is the best for good folks & shop talk.

Welcome aboard & have a ball with your car.

I agree. I'm a newbie too. I've had tons of help & good comments researching my newly acquired '93. Everybody has helped me with understanding the significance of finding a ZO7 car. Just dumb luck on my part. Actuators & Bilstein shocks aren't there but eventually can be replaced.
Right now I'm doing the normal fluid changes & servicing that I do when I get a "new" car. AC recharged. Wx stripping & interior work next. Not that much to do to it mechanically even though it has 91k. It was well cared for & runs like a top.

This site is the best for good folks & shop talk.

Welcome aboard & have a ball with your car.

Same back at ya!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom