Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

homemade brake pressure bleeder

widewhites

Corvette
There is a web page out there on how to make a brake pressure bleeder by Jim Powell http://www.bmw-m.net/TechProc/bleeder.htm (one of many sites) for some reason I think he made it for a newer vette. I had read this some while back and I think it was in a vette forum. Anyhow, everything looks good, except when you get to the master cylinder cover part. Overall online articles seem to reference the same screw on cover from HELP products. Okay... not all MC use this type of cover.

Question is has anyone made or converted a metal cover to fit the dual reservoir (older model, no plastic) Master cylinders. It seams pretty easy I imagine, tap a hole on each side, insert/screw in a coupling, seal and viola. Sounds too easy. What about the plastic seal? Looking for suggestions in the quest to facilitate the ever so (un)popular brake-bleeding dilemma.

Thanks

I made a pressure bleeder 20 years go and I am still using it. It is a 1" thick piece of plastic with two 1/4" pipe taped holes with air nozzles. I made it about 1" longer then the master cylinder and 1" wider I hold it on with a large c clamp that has a grove ground in the bottom anvil so it won't slip off.( I know this is a little crude but it works) I got a piece of thick gasket material to make a seal. Never use more then 10 psi of air to force the fluid through

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom