Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Hood on 63

delorenzos

Corvette
1963 Daytona Blue Convt.
I'm having problems with my hood unlatching while driving. Do I need to replace all the parts or could it be an adjustment problem?
Any suggestions I would appreciate.

My first check would be on the height of the hood bumpers (little black round gizmos thjat sit next to the latching holes)...they may be sitting a little too high and preventing the latches from going into the latch mechanism deep enough. Adjust them about 1/2 turn in on each side, check and try for more, if needed.

The black rubber hood bumpers are there to set the height of the hood so it's flush with the vent grilles and surround panel. You adjust the latching by changing the length of the adjustable male striker pins on the hood. Make sure the latching levers in the latches move freely and are lubricated, are against the stops on the latch, and the hood release cable and handle move freely to the closed position.

:beer

The black rubber hood bumpers are there to set the height of the hood so it's flush with the vent grilles and surround panel. You adjust the latching by changing the length of the adjustable male striker pins on the hood. Make sure the latching levers in the latches move freely and are lubricated, are against the stops on the latch, and the hood release cable and handle move freely to the closed position.

:beer

I stand corrected, sir.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom