Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

how dare it rain on my queen!

Gaming Glen

Corvette
1996 Grand Sport convertible, 2003 red coupe
I took out my garage queen (the GS) to the game store last night to stretch her legs a bit. Weather was clear and I thought I'd take the top down on the way home late at night (about the only time I can stand the summer muggy weather here in south Florida). But then it rained! :cry How dare it! :mad Mother Nature needs a talking to. :nono And I had just given it a sponge bath before taking her out (the GS, not Mother Nature :) )

Oh well, worse things could have happened. :cool

Glen

:w

The rain doesn't bother me at all. The freakin' love bugs...now that's a different story...:mad

GMAN You boys have those nasty little critters over there in Florida ?? I thought they only anoyed us here in Louisiana. Every May and September like clock work !!!!:mad

Love bugs in September, also? *sigh* Guess I'll avoid the "back" way (west a mile to US 27 to I-75 and then east). The bugs aren't much of a problem in "town" (I'm on the edge of what could be called "town").

Glen

mad47 said:
GMAN You boys have those nasty little critters over there in Florida ?? I thought they only anoyed us here in Louisiana. Every May and September like clock work !!!!:mad

Oh yeah mad47, we got 'em alright. I did some paint work in the garage today and the damn things were attracted to whatever chemical in the paint! It was all I could do to keep them off the fresh paint! From what I've heard, they were imported here by some University Prof. to control some other insect. Turns out that they not only didn't control the insect they were supposed to, there isn't another insect that eats them due to the same chemical in the bugs that can take the paint off your car! And, they are attracted to carbon monoxide! Which explains why the highways are full of them. Instead of leaves changing color to signal the start of fall, we have the arrival of love bugs. Aren't we lucky?...:L

Glen, they're tough to avoid from noon to about 6 P.M. And yes, twice a year like clockwork!

I DO feel your pain............It's been a long time since I had love bugs hit my plxiglass in the AH1 at Rucker....well heck they hit the vette too........

GMAN - It is a daily clean up on the front of the Vette and anything else you drive over here at this time of year and in May also. If you don't clean the nasty critters off immediately, they are into your paint in a week. Its like their dead bodies turn to acid and begin eating into the paint the minute you hit them. And then there is the godawful smell when they roast on the raditator.

Lt4 gs - Try going back to Warrant Officer Class 69-3 and "UH1's" for my last trip through a mess of those critters at Ft. Rucker

Later Guys / Mike:Steer

I guess these things are all over the Southeast, along with the mosquitos the damn love bugs were supposed to eat...;LOL

BTW, cleaning them off your vehicle is a lot better than cleaning them out of your teeth after a motorcycle ride. I can understand why no other critters will eat them...:puke

Gman said:
Instead of leaves changing color to signal the start of fall, we have the arrival of love bugs. Aren't we lucky?...:L

Guess I wont complain so much this fall when I am out raking the leaves !
It IS worse someplace else, Yuk :puke

mad47 said:
GMAN - It is a daily clean up on the front of the Vette and anything else you drive over here at this time of year and in May also. If you don't clean the nasty critters off immediately, they are into your paint in a week. Its like their dead bodies turn to acid and begin eating into the paint the minute you hit them. And then there is the godawful smell when they roast on the raditator.

Lt4 gs - Try going back to Warrant Officer Class 69-3 and "UH1's" for my last trip through a mess of those critters at Ft. Rucker

Later Guys / Mike:Steer

I didn't recall any at Walters, just croaches on flt status;LOL

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom