Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How do you like?

KingCorvette

Corvette
How do you like the push button start and the electric door handles.

Do you miss not having a key?

Love everything about the C6!! My Nissan also has the no-key start so it seems "normal" to me now.

Elaine

I like it too but I've never had a problem with either system. It's natural now but at first seemed kind of "gimmicky."

I love it. I use it on the unfamiliar to show how the car is programmed to accept my bio-signature to both open up the door and start the engine. You'd be surprised how many people believe it when you say that. :chuckle

I've only had one problem with the keyless entry - it didn't work once.

Under some covered areas and inside buildings where there is an intense security system, the security system's own radio signals can interfer with the car's keyless system and shut down everything. This happened to me once at the NCM of all places when I pulled my '08 into the back cleaning bay there. It refused to acknowledge the FOB no matter where it was. The NCM personnel knew exactly what the problem was, shut down the security system for a few minutes and my '08 started right up and drove out. It has not happened anywhere else but I know what to do if it does.

I've never had any problem with my '06 - I guess the codes/frequencies it uses are slightly different and it was a Museum Delivery car.

Using the keyless entry becomes second nature after a while.

One more caution, if you open the trunk or rear hatch while the doors are locked, drop the FOB in the rear area and the close the hatch/trunk, you're locked out. Ask my wife! The FOB in the car warning only works if the doors are unlocked and then closed with the FOB in the car.

I like it. A lot. but...

I would like to have a sending unit the size of a quarter that I could keep in my wallet. I know there are down sides i.e. no key for emergency entry, no pop the trunk button or no panic button. This way I would almost always have access to my car without having to lug around the fob, key ang a key chain.

MCMLVII

I don't really much care either way. Although, I still do reach for an ignition switch if I have a key in hand. But, then again, in the Yukon I reach for the push button start sometimes.;shrug

I like the push-button start, no fumbling with keys. I also like the door buttons, the outer door pad, and the indexing windows.

I like the keyless start and window indexing.

I also like the way the door handles look but not to crazy on how they open.

Sometimes there seems to be too much delay and a lot of fingertip squeezing.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom