Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How much do you drive your C1- C2?

Tripleblack51

Corvette
C7 Z06 /1967 Coupe
Ok...'fess up,

How much do you drive your C1- C2?

I've been around vettes and vette people for a few years now, attended lots of shows, cruise-ins and cruises.

I've met people that have both new and older vettes that rarely drive them.
When their cars are driven, it is only to a show.
Their cars are perfect, many look much better I'm certain, than when they were brand new.

Personally, my wife and I have three vettes, two C5s and a 67 coupe.
The '02 Z06 is my wife's daily driver.

The tripleblack C5 I bought new in 2000 is strictly for pleasure and fair weather driving only. Having said that, I have almost 48k miles on it.
This includes three trips to Bowling Green from South Florida and lots of cruises.

I drive my mid year as often as the weather permits. (pretty much all year 'round here)
I've taken a few long distance jaunts in it (200+ miles round trip) and it has proven itself to be very reliable. That 327 likes to run!

The sidepipes are music to my ears and my old vette sure does make me happy.
If I had to get rid of two and keep only one, there is no question...my mid-year would stay!

I bought the 67 to fulfill a dream that I'd had since I was a teen-ager.
It took me 38 years to fulfill that dream...I'm not gonna wait any longer to drive my car.

How about you?

Pedro

:)

Tripleblack51 said:
I drive my mid year as often as the weather permits. (pretty much all year 'round here)

I hate you!
:D

seriously, I usually can't drive it in the winter here, but in the spring, summer and fall I try to take her out whenever the weather is nice and no rain, even if it's only to get my "fix" and take her a few miles up the road and than back again. In the warm weather months I usually have her out at least a few times a week.
Long distance trips are something else though. 2 or 2 1/2 hours is the absolute furthest distance I'll take her and that usually means Carlisle. with the 4.11 gears and side pipes screaming on highway drives anything past an hour or an hour and a half non-stop driving I'm ready to get out for a break. with the 2-2.5 hour trip to Carlisle by the time we get there i'm REAL ready to park her for a bit and thar even usually involves stopping for breakfast at a diner on the way.

Hi. I used to drive my '65 whenever the weather permitted, which is quite often here. We even get some gorgeous days in the winter, with clear roads, and I love taking it out then. I drove it, showed it, and autocrossed it! However, I recently purchased my '96 Collector Edition LT4 for autocrossing, and it is also my daily driver if the conditions permit. I will still take the Sting Ray (which I affectionately call The Silver Bullet) out for a cruise on a weekend because I think people really enjoy seeing cars of that vintage. I always get waves, thumbs-up, and people asking me questions about it and commenting on what a cool car it is. All I can do is smile and say "I know."

Barbie

Drive my C-1 every chance I get; had it out Thursday, Friday and Saturday of last week. A little unusual for this time of the year, but I never completely shut down for the winter. Even if it's a cold day, as long as there's no snow, rain (handles TERRRIBLY in the rain) or salt on the roads I'll take it out.

Limited to 2500 miles/year with my insurance and I'm pretty close to it every year.

Bernie O.

my 1963 Z06 gets about 2500 miles per year; 2001 Z06 just turned over 25000; have a 2006 Z06 on order

Hi Barry,

:w

Don't hate me because I live in Florida..
I'd trade your cold weather for our hurricane season! :D

Here are a couple of pictures of my '67 at a cruise in we went to a couple of week ends ago.
It was January 15th, dead of winter.
Actually,that was a cooooooooooooooooooooold weekend.
It was in the 50s! Can you imagine??:D

Ok..back to our regularly scheduled program...

Pic04.jpg

Pic05.jpg

BarryK said:
I hate you!
:D

seriously, I usually can't drive it in the winter here, but in the spring, summer and fall I try to take her out whenever the weather is nice and no rain, even if it's only to get my "fix" and take her a few miles up the road and than back again. In the warm weather months I usually have her out at least a few times a week.

Cool Driver said:
Hi. I used to drive my '65 whenever the weather permitted, which is quite often here. We even get some gorgeous days in the winter, with clear roads, and I love taking it out then. I drove it, showed it, and autocrossed it! However, I recently purchased my '96 Collector Edition LT4 for autocrossing, and it is also my daily driver if the conditions permit. I will still take the Sting Ray (which I affectionately call The Silver Bullet) out for a cruise on a weekend because I think people really enjoy seeing cars of that vintage. I always get waves, thumbs-up, and people asking me questions about it and commenting on what a cool car it is. All I can do is smile and say "I know."

Barbie

Hi Barbie,

You've got two nice vettes. A buddy of mine has a Silver/black 96 CE LT4 and loves it.

Thanks for sharing!

Bwmurph said:
Drive my C-1 every chance I get; had it out Thursday, Friday and Saturday of last week. A little unusual for this time of the year, but I never completely shut down for the winter. Even if it's a cold day, as long as there's no snow, rain (handles TERRRIBLY in the rain) or salt on the roads I'll take it out.

Limited to 2500 miles/year with my insurance and I'm pretty close to it every year.

Bernie O.

Hi Bernie,
I drive mine when it's cold too :D .
Great color combo on your C1..

Thanks for sharing..

c5vetter said:
my 1963 Z06 gets about 2500 miles per year; 2001 Z06 just turned over 25000; have a 2006 Z06 on order

Great collection of vettes!!

Let me guess, what color is your C6 gonna be? :beer

Thanks for sharing..

Im like Bernie....bought it to drive and never really completly put it to bed for the winter. Had mine out Friday, Sunday and it looks like I will have to make an excuse to go to the store tonight....sunny and 40

2,200 miles last summer

Bwmurph said:

geez Bernie, all you have to do is make sure your odometer is broken like the one in my car and you can drive it an unlimited number of miles a year!
;LOL ;LOL ;LOL

BarryK said:
geez Bernie, all you have to do is make sure your odometer is broken like the one in my car and you can drive it an unlimited number of miles a year!
;LOL ;LOL ;LOL

Or just do like my father did. "Oops, I don't know how the speedometer cable came unhooked? You mean that also runs the odometer, too?!? Well, I never knew that."

As much as I can... which has only been about 750 miles per summer the last two years. That's one problem with having a lift - you can't just hop in and get away. Need to back a car out, bring it down, install the ramps, and do the whole thing in reverse. It serves as a deterrent to those "quick" drives that put a lot of miles on the odo.

Brian

I drive my 64 just about every day. The only time it stays home is if there's snow coming or it's going to be raining cats and dogs. It's my daily commuter to work and shopping trips where I don't need the truck.

Subfixer said:
I drive my 64 just about every day. The only time it stays home is if there's snow coming or it's going to be raining cats and dogs. It's my daily commuter to work and shopping trips where I don't need the truck.

I'm with Subfixer - I bought mine to drive. My 65 went 6800 miles last year. I have winter plans for her this year but so far - no freakin' winter.

'Old Blue' has been my daily driver for over 25 years, back and forth to work etc. Am now retired so he gets to rest a lot.:L

I drive the 66 as often as I can, which amounts to very often in southern California. Words cant describe the feeling that I get whenever I am driving the bigblock along the california coast. 3000 miles per year.

I hate the winter because I can't drive my 64 as much as I would like. From Spring to late Fall I drive my 64 every weekend and may fire her up and go to dinner in her one or two times during the week. On the weekends the wife and I will either go to a show or take a cruise. During the winter months I do try to run her every week or two around the neighborhood if the weather permits. I guess I put 2K to 3K miles per year on it. I do admit that since I bought my C6 the old C2 has been deligated to more of a weekend recreational driver and doesn't go out as often as before.

In Western NY we have two seasons; one to drive the Corvettes and the other to restore/repair them. During the driving season I try to get to a car show on the weekend and a couple of cruises or show and shine during the week. In my opinion there is not a greater feeling in the world (for us senior citizens) than that first cruise of the season listening to them golden oldies.

Ray

Ray

I only have one garage so I swap the 98 and 66 back and forth from my
mother in law's garage. Right now the 66 is in mine and that's what I
am driving now as long as the roads are dry and there is no salt on them.
It been a fairly mild winter this year so I can drive the 66 more. I usually
put on less than 1000 miles a year on the 66. My 98 has only 18,000 miles

My wife and I both have Infiniti FX35s as our daily drivers

In Tennessee, I drive it most every weekend, even during the winter. Our winter has been quite mild this year (it was 62* today) and the only reason I didn't take it out was because I would've had to move too many other cars.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom