Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How much should a new paint job cost!

Corvette
87 Callaway Cpe 87-070 & 68 Cpe 427, 4spd A/C
It's been years since I had a car painted and have no idea how much it should cost!
I know there are many variables, you got the $500 Earll Scheib special to the $10k paint jobs (I still don't understand how it could cost $10k)
What I am looking for is a very nice NCRS quality paint job. I am willing to do a lot of the prep myself. Removing all the trim and even stripping it my self if it saved enough to make sense.

So, How much is a good pant job going to cost?

i10fwy

It's not how much it should cost but more like what you want done will cost. First off if I'm painting a car I do the prep work. Little do I want to get it all done and have your prep work show up.

Spend some time at the car shows and find out where and who does the work you like. Then talk to them about what they will do and what it costs, all the guesses here won't come close to answering your question.

Good luck and keep us informed.

It's not how much it should cost but more like what you want done will cost. First off if I'm painting a car I do the prep work. Little do I want to get it all done and have your prep work show up.

Spend some time at the car shows and find out where and who does the work you like. Then talk to them about what they will do and what it costs, all the guesses here won't come close to answering your question.

Good luck and keep us informed.

I was thinking it would be logical to do much of the work myself. An expert painter is paid based on their talent. That sound like paying someone a lot to remove trim and strip a car. My though was if I brought them a freshly stripped ready for them to prep and finish? I do get your point though.

Thanks

Along the same line I have another question. 68's were painted in Laquor (spelling) Can a car still be painted with that material. I understand that the materials today are totally differant. Can you actually see the differance and will it hurt the value of the car if it is a NCRS quality car?

i10fwy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom