Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How much to you do on your Corvette?

What types of work, if any, do you do on your Corvette?

• Almost none

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Maintenance and minor jobs

Votes: 38 61.3%
  • Minor mechanical work

Votes: 31 50.0%
  • Major mechanical work

Votes: 42 67.7%
  • Body work

Votes: 20 32.3%
  • Painting

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • Upholstery

Votes: 22 35.5%

• Total voters

Chevyman for life

Many people just like the beauty and pleasure of driving their Corvette while others love working on it or building it. This poll should shed some light to see where the forum members stand in that area.

Gerry

C3s are fairly easy to work on. I do everything to my car. About the only thing I cant handle is auto trans and rear wheel bearings mainly cause I dont have the speical tools

Many people just like the beauty and pleasure of driving their Corvette while others love working on it or building it. This poll should shed some light to see where the forum members stand in that area.

Gerry

You should have included a button for "Almost Everything" --- I've been doing everything EXCEPT upholstery.... so far, that's almost everything.

I do most of the heavy mechanical work on my car. I had the short block built by the machine shop, but I put the cam, valvetrain, heads etc together and put it in the car. I rebuilt the trans and now am changing out my stock solid axle and putting in a heavy duty Ford 9 inch myself.

I haven't ventured into body work or paint yet, that is still a ways off but I will pretty much do anything mechanical now with some help.:thumb

I do it All bumper to bumper on mine and several regular customers!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

...by "doing all", do you mean that i fix it and break it?

yup, i do both

i like the balance that provides:W

seriously, i do everything but engine machine work and my crowning glory was rebuilding the muncie by memorizing and following the instructions on a DVD from a shop in florida, 4speeds.com, if i'm not mistaken

I've been working on everyone elses vettes,no time for mine. I still have to figure out why I'm using oil in my 72!

Everything but paint and body work Shemp:beer
DSC01291.jpg

DSC01691.jpg

corvetterebuild003.jpg

Corvetterearrebuild09046.jpg

Corvetterearrebuild09117.jpg

Corvetterearrebuild09052.jpg

Corvetterearrebuild09092.jpg

Corvetterearrebuild09030.jpg
Corvetterearrebuild09029.jpg

Corvetterearrebuild09118.jpg

I try to do everything myself. If I don't have the knowledge to do it I'll check the repair manuals and if it's a job that's too big for me I'll seek help. I don't do any body work or paint.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom