Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How to remove air cleaner to get at air filter on 2008 vette.

yellowtin

Corvette
2008 atomic orange coupe
Can anyone tell me how to remove the air sensor from the stock air cleaner. It seems to have a beige colored clip under the wiring harness, and I don't know if you need to push, pull, or what. Nothing seems to work. I want to examine my air filter. I know the rest of the removal, but nothing seems to show how to remove the wiring harness. Thanks

Ya it's a tough one.....and I about broke it trying to figure out which way to pull or push or whatever. I had a small flat bladed screw driver to pry up the grey locking tab and once that is off you just squeeze and pull apart. Repeat as often as necessary until it comes apart.....don't lose the locking gray piece. Hope that helps.....

Pop the AF assy loose from the cover over the cooling stack, flip it over, then remove the connector locking clip (the beige part). Next squeeze the connector and unplug it. Now you can remove the air filer assy and change the filter.

I did mine without removing the plug. I unclipped the wiring from the bracket about 6 inches from the plug. Then you can roll the air filter assembly over and remove the filter.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom