Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How to report fraudulent or suspicious auctions to Ebay

S

studiog

Last night I came across an auction for a 59 Black Resto Rod in great condition for $9,500.00, too good to be true. I reported it right away as suspicious and it was pulled from the system. Today Ebay emailed me the proper procedure for reporting such abuses. I know some of you are already aware of how to do this but thought it might save others (myself included) the hassle of hunting down the correct links to quickly and easily report fraud. I post to this forum as it seems that there is a high incidence of C1-C2 fraud auctions.

1. Click the "Help" link located at the top of most eBay pages.
2. Click the "Contact Us" link on the left side of the page.
3. Select "Report problems with other eBay members."
4. Select "Fraud concerns for buyers."
5. Select "Report a listing you think is fraudulent (you didn't bid)."
6. Click the "Continue" button.
7. Click the "Email" link under "Customer Support Option(s)" to make
your report.

Edit:
Please see post 6 below for an updated preceedure.

Tom

Good one.

Let's sticky this post for awhile to give folks a chance to see it.

IF IT'S TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE....IT IS !!

Common sense here. But the fraud in the vintage car hobby is overwhelming, especially Corvettes. So I say, Ebay is great for identifying a car for sale, but good old fashion leg work is always needed. Especially today.

Good on you,

Hi Studiog, thanks for that, i see alot of misleading vettes for sale on ebay , even alot that dont display vin nos, and L82 , that are only L48, regards wayne.

I was stiffed for $700.00 on a transmission. I made a Police report and the guy will be going to jail. If you get burned report it and press charges.

Gary notified me that the process has been streamlined. Please read the following.

"Hi Tom,
Regarding the thread I posted several years ago titled: "How to report fraudulent or suspicious auctions to Ebay".

This info is now outdated and the process has been greatly simplified.
There is a report item link in most auction pages now that will display a page similar to the sample here:

reportpage.jpg

Hope this is helpful and hope all the CAC C1-C2 members are doing well.

Regards,

Gary"

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom