Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

hugger orange vette??

• Thread starter Thread starter mike weyman
  • Start date Start date
M

mike weyman

i,ve been trying to decide what to do for color on my vette, i have black and white interior with white leather seats.
every color i think of painting my vette(1975) i see in town two days later.I even picked yellow, and the next week , the only two vettes in the show were yellow, so much for that.
I am down to "HUGGER ORANGE". I've seen it on the old oldsmobiles(not in my home town) and with the interior white and black and all new chrome, it should look nice,
I know orange has to be perfect, but i plan on base clear ,wet sanded etc.
all the purists are gonna want to bun me alive, but i changed the scrawney 165 h.p. motor too so its out the window as far as ''true classics"go, but i want to be happy,and enjoy my car.
I've seen the original orange vettes , but the color seems washed out.
If anyone has a pic of an orange vette, please send it to me. thanks, mike

Hey Mike...

Here's another pic ... my buddy had one like this. Now he just goes on, and on, and... about how he never should have sold it. Orange is way cool.

Tangee Vette or tangeevette is a member here at CAC and he has a beautiful orange vette. Very bright looking. Do a member search under the Ts.
I like hugger orange, it was the color of my '74 Camaro with black stripes when I was in college. I think hugger orange will look sharp with a black and white interior.
Heidi

Here's my orange 75:

DSC02151_JPG.jpg

DSC02166_JPG.jpg

DSC02130_JPG.jpg

What about a nice Monaco Orange? I think GM made this only for 69, but I could be wrong. I think it was really hugger orange with a different name for marketing purposes... I digress, here's a pic of my favorite ;) Orange vette.

vette_another.jpg

I couldn't resist. :D

Sly

I kinda like orange, but it takes "brass ones" to drive an orange car!

I don't want people to think I'm Barbie.:nono

:blow

-Gööney0

BARBIE??? isn,t her car hugger pink???lol mike.
p.s. they're not brass, they're cast iron.

78SilvAnniv said:
Tangee Vette or tangeevette is a member here at CAC and he has a beautiful orange vette. Very bright looking. Do a member search under the Ts.
I like hugger orange, it was the color of my '74 Camaro with black stripes when I was in college. I think hugger orange will look sharp with a black and white interior.
Heidi

And perhaps black racing stripe(s) to break it up a little.

run with the orange!! it is a loud a statement that nobody can quell. there are very few orange cars, so you are sure to be noticed, Brian

I had a 70 Camaro SS/RS 350 painted Desert Sand that was absolutly beautiful. I think that colour would be perfect with yer black and white interior. Desert Sand was a stock colour for 70 Camos and is a medium pale metallic gold. All waxed up in the sun the colour is unbelievable. To Accent my Camo I had the dealer paint black Z28 stripes on it before I took delivery. A similar treatment to the Vette might be in order. Something coming out of the fender vent would set off the side shape along with a single black Z28 style stripe following the center hood bulge (the stripe could be continued down the rear deck if you like that look even over and down the back bumper, I've seen that done too) with some subtle black pinstripes along the upper fender lines. This would be a colour you wouldn't see everywhere. If I can find the pictures of my 70 I'll scan-em and post-em here so you can see what I mean. I think you might really like it.

Morgan

Orange = Barbie doll!?

Where did THAT come from!? :L
I may be a girl who drove an orange Camaro but I thought the orange color was PURE MUSCLE! Nothing 'girly' about it. The car had an engine to back up that muscled-up orange color, too.
Heidi

My 72 ZR-1 vert. will be returning to its original Ontario Orange this winter. I have most of the original parts but couldn't resist a few mods to it this spring, installed C5 seats, an original L-88 hood and Cragar SS's.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom