Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HVAC issues

Wegone

Corvette
82,91 ZR-1,
HVAC codes B0361 & B0441..04 LS1

Keep getting these codes..Took it to the dealer & they replaced the AC head unit and the left actuator motor…worked fine for a few days than came back. It seems to mix some warm air in until I clear the code, it than goes hot and back too cold.

Some times it will go through many start-ups and be ok, other times it may set it as soon as I clear them.

Looked through all the archives and tried all the fixes listed. They never stay current always go to history

Any ideas welcome.

Could you tell me if this applies to 04s & how it is done?? do you have anything that shows about the gears? By the way the dealer says my after-market radio is the issue..I upluged it all and still get the codes.

CJ2 HVAC DTCs B0361 , B0441 and Drivers Side AC Blows Warm - accumulator air automatic compressor condenser condition control display evaporator head inoperative temperature vent #PI01069 - (May 8, 2003)
CJ2 HVAC DTCs B0361, B0441 and Drivers Side AC Blows Warm - accumulator air automatic compressor condenser condition control display evaporator head inoperative temperature vent

When servicing the vehicle with the VIN you entered, the following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the described symptoms.

Condition/Concern:
CJ2 may experience an HVAC control head that will not properly control air mix doors after a battery disconnect. The vehicle may have a temperature difference side to side and may set DTCs B0361 and/or B0441. A typical complaint may be that the right side cools down, but the left side is warm.

Recommendation/Instructions:
Air mix door mechanical linkage build variance or wear may cause a slight over travel condition of the door. Whenever battery power is interrupted from the HVAC control module, it will perform a recalibration of the actuators once reconnected. During recalibration, the HVAC control module will drive the actuators to their minimum and maximum travel extremes (5 and 250 counts). The module issues a travel command to 0 counts, but expects to see feedback slightly less as the door hits the cold stop in the case. The module will then calculate a travel range from this data and compare it to a calibrated range within the HVAC control module. If the actual travel range is not within the calibrated expected range, the actuator will be considered not calibrated and the DTC will set and the temp door bias toward warm is the DTC failure action.

An actual range below this limit suggests an obstruction (something stuck in the door limiting travel).

An actual range above this limit suggests an over travel condition (wear, damage foam seals, etc.).

The range fault code can only be detected following a check of the left air temperature actuator travel range. The left air temperature actuator travel range check can only be initiated by disrupting power to the HVAC control module (disconnecting the battery for 60 seconds) or with the scan tool.

If thorough diagnosis of the electrical system shows all electrical components to be ok, replacement of the HVAC control module with a 2001 or newer part number is required

If this has already been done, a reset/re-time the actuators internal feedback sensor to lag slightly behind the actual position can be performed. Open the actuator case and reset the output gear and sensor gear by only 1 gear tooth. This will allow a feedback of 4 counts when performing learn.

Please follow this diagnosis process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed. If these steps do not resolve the condition, please contact GM TAC for further diagnostic assistance. This diagnostic approach was developed for the vehicle with the VIN you entered and should not be automatically be used for other vehicles with similar symptoms.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.
WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

I have two extra actuators not sure what part # is the new one, and was going try the gear, just do not know what gear or if you go clockwise or counter clockwise I can post a pic of the inside if that help.

The one on the right looks to have a newer CB

actmo.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom