Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I hate these seats!

LIRacer

Corvette
65 with ZZ502
With the new cornering ability my suspension gives me I find that my stock seats just don't keep me in place. I decided to swap them out. I looked at Corbeau GTS2 sport seats, but I have to do some surgery to the Vette's floor. Nope. Want to keep my numbers matching car un molested. ANyone know a similar seat tha would use the existing mounting holes? Do C4 seats fit without modififcation? I am 6'2" so what ever I install can't raise the driving postion.

Bruce

Seats

Bruce:

Have you looked at the much nicer 78-82 Corvette seats?
The first generation C3 seats, IMO are one of the worst and cheapest looking seats ever put in ANY car.
Chevy fixed this problem in 78, thank god.

You should be able to drop those right in.

There are members here who have also dropped in the C4 seats with little modification, hopefully one of the members that have them will chime in.

In addition to that, some have put in old Pontiac Fiero seats.

Good Luck.

LIBoater said:
With the new cornering ability my suspension gives me I find that my stock seats just don't keep me in place. I decided to swap them out. I looked at Corbeau GTS2 sport seats, but I have to do some surgery to the Vette's floor. Nope. Want to keep my numbers matching car un molested. ANyone know a similar seat tha would use the existing mounting holes? Do C4 seats fit without modififcation? I am 6'2" so what ever I install can't raise the driving postion.

Bruce

Bruce--
The Corbeau A4 will fit. There are several people here that have successfully added C4 seats (manual seats) with little hassle. I am torn between the A4's and the C4 seats. Good luck and take pictures when you do the swap!

I guess that speaks well of your suspension's upgrades!

Not sure which seats would be the best replacements. Be sure to let us know what you do, I will be very interested, because I plan to do the suspension upgrades as well.

Bill

I have a 72 also. I like the look of the seats, but its hard to stay in them when you round the corners!

I have to lean against the door!

-Gooney0

I just bought a set of 96 vette seats for my 72, hope they arent too difficult to install.

I'll echo the earlier post, go with the later Shark seats - IMHO one of the most comfortable seats my behind has been in:D. They have nice form fitting side bolsters to keep you planted in the curves. The seats were in 78 Pace Cars and all Vettes from 79-82. Another great benefit to those seats is that unlike your 72 seats that fold at the base, they fold about six inches up the back so they almost fold flat, giving great access to your itty bitty storage area.

My new seats arrived yesterday and I got them bolted in last night, sure gives a different feel to the car. The wifie even loves them,( a real plus!). It took about 2 hours to get them bolted in, I redrilled 2 holes in the c3 tracks and had to drill 2 holes in the seats. I used 1/2 inch spacers to give the seatframe enough clearance so as not to drag on the carpet. If anybody is interested in pics I will try to post some.

M&W:

Where did you purchase the '96 seats?

Bruce

Bruce, I bought them on e bay last week.

Mike

i have seats from 80-82, with the 4" side bolsters. they seem to hug my butt quite well. i bought a set of leather like covers for $135. and now they look as good as they feel.

tighten your belts and hang on

robin

71Shark said:
I'll echo the earlier post, go with the later Shark seats - IMHO one of the most comfortable seats my behind has been in:D. They have nice form fitting side bolsters to keep you planted in the curves. The seats were in 78 Pace Cars and all Vettes from 79-82. Another great benefit to those seats is that unlike your 72 seats that fold at the base, they fold about six inches up the back so they almost fold flat, giving great access to your itty bitty storage area.

;stupid I worked at a Chevy dealership from '73-'82; the '68-'78 seats are :puke . You don't sit 'in' them; you sit 'ON' them... The ONLY use for them is a 'correct', number-matching car...
I've often thought of getting '79-'82 seats for the '79 Z28 I bought new; I think they'd make GREAT seats for drag-racing, and look :cool

I reread all these posts and caught the fact that Bruce is 6'2. The C4 seats do sit a little taller in the C3 cars so I dont think they would work for you Bruce.

Mike in Idaho (been 30 degrees here every morning this week....brrrr)

I am leaning towards the A4 seat from Corbeau. It is a direct replacement (supposedly).

The manual C5 seats will bolt in with a redrilled track bolt location. The electric fit but you have to notch the floor for the adjustment arm.

Tyler

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom