Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I just saw this and wanted to share...

• Thread starter Thread starter '04 Torch Red
  • Start date Start date

'04 Torch Red

Get Your Gm In the Driveway Certificates Here

If anyone would like a GM Certificate to assist them in buying a New General Motors product, feel free to Post, Pm, or Email your request. I with fellow employees of the GM Divisions will be happy to give a certificate to any future customer of GM. The certificates are worth a Supplier Discount which is about 1% below Invoice. Rebates or other Special Offers are USUALLY good with the certificates. Dickering with the Dealer will sometimes get you a better deal then the hassle free certificate deal. Dealers are not required to accept the certificates, but I haven't heard of any who don't take them. The employees of GM are allotted 2 per month until Jan 06. Add the cost savings of the certificate with future GM promotions and your cost continues a downward spiral. I can usually handle about 40 per month and with the other members of this great club, that number will grow and we should have a Walmart type supply of certificates for anyone. Future Avalanche Owners are the targeted demographic, but a request for any other GM vehicle will not be ignored. Just send your birthdate , last 4 digits of your SSN and email address so we can send your certificate to you. I don't believe the Certificates are any good in Canada due to the requirement of the last 4 digits of the person's SSN. Canada has another discount program going and if any of our brothers and sisters from Canada have any info on this fact, please inform us. The Canadian program is called the Believer or Loyalty program and it was good for 1000 dollars off. A point described by IronTrain concerning posting of vital personnal data, please Pm or Email all vital stats to Cz3cqg, Avid, Flint4X4, Seth_V and Avalanchez7104 or any other Gm employee who have certificates for the giving. Or just sent them to Cz3cqg and I'll take care of forwarding the info to the other Gm members. The Gm in the Driveway expires Jan 3 2006. The Certificates will be good for 6 months after they are issued. This date is stated on the certificate.

Richard.Ott@gm.com or Rocz3cqg@aol.com or Pm Cz3cqg
Other Members with GM
Avid
Flint4X4
Avalanchez7104
Sgt Avalanche
Seth_V
Topperge

NOTE FROM GM ON THE DRIVEWAY PROGRAM

Shop WWW.GMBUYPOWER.COM and choose YOUR favorite vehicle.
Click on Current Offers to view the latest cash and finance incentives
Contact a Gm Employee at the Avalanche Club to obtain the GM in the Driveway authorization number you’ll need to get the discount at a participating GM Dealer

A employee will use the online process to obtain a GM in the Driveway authorization number. The employee will need the prospect's date of birth and last 4 digits of their Social Security number to obtain their GM in the Driveway authorization number online. The certificate can then be email directly to the prospective customer. The dealer only needs the certificate number to verify who it is for and then they will commence the deal. Each eligible GM employee can request two GM in the Driveway authorization numbers per month through January 3, 2006.

A little information on Gms [Employee Discount Program] and the Gm in the Driveway Certificate.

GMS is the price that a GM employee will pay for a vehicle [Employee Discount]. The Gm in the Driveway Certificate has a value of a Supplier discount. Both are below Invoice pricing with the Employee price being a few percentage points lower than the Supplier pricing. Both prices are listed on the Dealer Invoice.

Give the GM employee the VIN of a vehicle you are looking at plus the Dealer name and Zip Code and they can provide you the Supplier Price of that vehicle.

For Example:
My '05 listed out at 45770 as the Retail pricing [MSRP]. GMS pricing is 37923 and Supplier pricing is 39629. The Employee will pay 37923 for the vehicle while a Supplier or Non-Employee with certificate will pay 39629 . These are not normal times for the Industry and the dealer might offer you the Employee price or lower just to move the vehicle. The Certificate helps make the deal hassle free by setting a price without the Buyer and Dealer haggling. You walk into the Dealership with your Certificate number and you choose your vehicle. Your price will be the Supplier price unless the dealer and you agree to a lower price without using the certificate. You should request to see the invoice since the price is set already and the dealer has nothing to lose by showing you. Add the rebates and any other monies the General is giving and your final price is set. Best thing to do, know what you want in a payment, have your down payment and financing done in advance, know the type of vehicle you want and go deal with the dealer with the certificate or dicker.

Another Example by Avid
The supplier price is on the invoice. If he is willing to sell the truck to you below the supplier discount, then I would say go for it. Just make sure he is not arriving at his price by applying all the incentives to MSRP. Start at the supplier price, and then apply all the incentives to that. That is what the GMID entitles you to.

For example: lets say the MSRP is 20,000
The incentives are 5000.
The supplier price is 17000
Your dealer says he can get below supplier. He did it by applying the 5000 incentive to MSRP and got to 15000. But, he should have applied the 5000 incentive to the 17000 price to get to 12000. I hope I've explained clearly.

Another Example from GreenMachine [How the Certificate Pricing may be higher than the Dealer Offer or Invoice Pricing.]

Invoice pricing CAN be lower than GMID or Supplier. Read on for more details.

Prices broke down as follows:
MSRP: $44105.00
GMID: $39059.12
Invoice: $38711.17 (cheaper than Supplier, hence no certificate)
1/2 of Dealer Holdback: $661.58 (Dealer agreed to apply 1/2 holdback if I'd take one on the lot over what I'd ordered)
Total: $ 38049.59

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom