Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I Might Be Crazzy But ......

Viet Nam Vett

Corvette
65 BB 502 Cp /MSD ATOMIC EFI/ 2009-HUMMER H2
I Have a 2009 Corvette Cp. 6 speed Manual ....Standard Top.. Jet Stream Blue.... With Fac
Nav Unit...... Z51 Package.....Dual Mode Exhaust..(NPP).... Factory Two Tone Seats ..With double stitched Embroidyery Titainium and gray ... Chrome 5 Spoke Wheels....Also has 3M Protection film behind the wheel openings...along the upper and lower doors and across the 3rd eye top section. This is a "3LT Car and has a transferable extended warranty for another 6 years TO 56 k MILES BUMPER TO BUMPER WHICH IS TRANSFERABLE AT TIME OF SALE

The car sits in my garage and had 1531 miles two weeks ago. I drove to BG and back for the 15th celibration. It now has 3351 miles. I took delievery 9/11/09 from Kerbeck in Atlantic city. I even have the Factory Build sheet right from GM. I have driven the car once a week over the last year and then back to the Battery tender and under the cover. The 65 has been out 10 times more then the 09.

Now here's the crazy Part.. I also have a 65 with a 502... and a HUMMER H3... When I was in BG I missed my 65 and realized I enjoyed the 65 more then the 09. So now crazy me wants to sell the 09 and buy a HUMMER H2 and dump the 09 and the H3...

The question now is...what do I sell the 09 for. I've hearing all kinds of crazy retails... Maybe some of you dealers or Private guys could ball park me a reasonable Retail to private person Price.... Now no funny stuff like a $1.59...:D

What do you think??

You're crazy, bro! Give the C6 a chance to grow on you...

-Mac

Can't argue with Mac's logic!

But to answer your question, I'd guestimate that your '09 would be mid to high 40's.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

:thumb Jason

You're crazy, bro! Give the C6 a chance to grow on you...

-Mac

Some how I just can't get my self into that car.It's great no doubt. But The HUMMMER H2 is calling Me...sayng drive over those Toyleta's Drive Over Those Toyleta's:D

Some how I just can't get my self into that car.It's great no doubt. But The HUMMMER H2 is calling Me...sayng drive over those Toyleta's Drive Over Those Toyleta's:D
If I was in the market for another Hummer, it would be an old H1 rather than the H2... for all the right reasons... :D

-Mac

Can't argue with Mac's logic!

But to answer your question, I'd guestimate that your '09 would be mid to high 40's.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Hey Twiget...Your in the ball Park....but I'v got extra stuff hat I haven't mentioned that goes with the Vette of course at a higher price.

:beer

If I was in the market for another Hummer, it would be an old H1 rather than the H2... for all the right reasons... :D

-Mac

Yeah well the next time you meet a H1 driver ask what he pays for Service...It might surprise you to hear some where north of $3000.00 for a full Front to back service:eek:hnoes. A friend of mine owns a 97 H1 Wagon. Dealer charged him $3800,00 for his first full service after he bought it. And that's with out parts.

Yeah well the next time you meet a H1 driver ask what he pays for Service...It might surprise you to hear some where north of $3000.00 for a full Front to back service:eek:hnoes. A friend of mine owns a 97 H1 Wagon. Dealer charged him $3800,00 for his first full service after he bought it. And that's with out parts.
Yikes! I've driven a 2000 H1 pickup and loved it but couldn't afford it. With service costs like that, I'm glad I didn't do anything foolish...

-Mac

I don't know if this helps but my brother has an 08 JSB pretty much like yours only an auto and a 4LT with all the bells and whistles. He's wanting to get a new GS. He said he'd sell it to me for $46K which I assume is more than the dealer is going to give him on a trade. He only has about 6K miles on his.

I wish I had your problem. As much as I'd like to get a newer one my daughter's pending marriage is taking what little savings I have.

Ron
"Baldie88"

Well, if you already know the answer, why'd you ask the question?:bash:chuckle

why'd you ask the question?:bash:chuckle

In the process of asking the question..... not just on this forum but on 5 others as any good seller would do...you poll the market palce so to speak. In between your posts the guess-ta mets have come in.;squint:

I don't know if this helps but my brother has an 08 JSB pretty much like yours only an auto and a 4LT with all the bells and whistles. He's wanting to get a new GS. He said he'd sell it to me for $46K which I assume is more than the dealer is going to give him on a trade. He only has about 6K miles on his.

I wish I had your problem. As much as I'd like to get a newer one my daughter's pending marriage is taking what little savings I have.

Ron
"Baldie88"

TH 4lt has the leather up the doors and dsah... but the 08 is less the Bluetooth built in. The auto 6 speed cost $2000.00 list as an option.

Mine has much more added such as a 7 year Bumper to Bumper waranty 56K miles plus the standard 5 year 100,000 mile power train waranty. So your covered for 6 years (Bal of Warranty) plus it has remote NPP control New Loyd Mats new Cloth embroadered seat covers to protect the two tone Titainium leather option...3M Protection film except on the nose a $400.00 indoor All Flannel cover .."LoJack" and Front and rear fendor protectors that they use on the assembly line which you can use while the car is in your garage to protect it from fendor bumps..a must in a single car gee-rage.

That's about $4400.00 in extras that arn't considered when retailing a car.. The above does not go free with the so called selling prices you see on the internet. That's why I figure my car is worth just a few bucks more.

Your getting a vette with 3315 miles and 6 yeras left of Bumper to Bumper Waranty.:thumb I consider it New:D

Yikes! I've driven a 2000 H1 pickup and loved it but couldn't afford it. With service costs like that, I'm glad I didn't do anything foolish...

-Mac

Most people arn't aware that the H1 uses a Planetary dive wheel. It also uses the "CTIS" (Central Tire Infation System) Pump air into the rig tires as you drive or let it out. Not to mention the humongus transfer case and tranny as well as the drive hubs from the final cases.

There's a lot of seals and fluid in them there H1's. My friend has 5 buddys that all chip in at Maintance time and do there own service on a lift in his warehouse. They buy Fluid by the case to do 5 h1's at a time.

I was ther once when they did it.. a big cook out and beer and tranny fluid .....a fun day was had by all.:D

The problem with selling the Vette is that it's a buyers market right now. Dealers and individuals are knocking heads over the few buyers out there. This is the worst time in 20 years to sell a late model Vette. Your question may be moot in today's market. I was at a dealer last Sunday, and they had 0ver 20 09s. They were ASKING for insulting offers on them. Just one Hendrick dealer has 26 Vettes, 20 of which are 09s. It's a bummer market, and you car MAY be worth more next year.

While waiting for LT4man, save the wave

Ron
"Baldie88"

I didnt know they even made a 4LT untill "09"

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom