Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I must have missed this LT-1 section!

Carnalsupply

Corvette
1970 LT-1, Cortez Silver w/Black Leather
Hello to all the other LT-1 enthusiasts here in the forum. I've been a member for a little while but must have somehow missed the LT-1 specific area.

I purchased my '70 a couple years ago as a #'s matching car, but the engine was out of the car (on a pallet w/ the incorrect heads) and a slow revving 425hp crate motor was in it's place. BORING!

To spice things up a bit I pulled the original engine apart (and found nothing but broken pistons and rings) and decided to build a stout street engine (vs. stock), with the caveat I wouldn't change anything that couldn't readily return to stock. So, into the #'s matching block went a new stroker crank, rods, pistons, solid roller cam, topped of with a set of Pro Action heads, a Hilborn FI intake, an Accel Dual Sync distributor, and Accel DFI system running it all. My new toy has dynoed at just under 600hp, but should surpass that number with more tuning time, scheduled for mid January '05.

Lest anyone hunt me down and shoot me for defiling a fine, numbers matching LT-1, I still have all the original pieces that came with my car, so if I ever get the urge to build a concourse car, it's all there. For now I'll finish up the tuning and then begin working on the interior, which is in average condition, so it's time for a new seat covers, weatherstripping, etc.

Happy New Year

Hello Carnalsupply,

Welcome to the LT-1 forum. I like you thinking on how you rebuilt your engine. Sounds like having the best of both worlds! I've got a 71 LT-1 with a 4 speed and 4:11 rear end powered by a replacement LT-1 short block so I may look at doing something along these same lines to have more fun and horsepower. My brother is part owner in Keith Craft Motorsports in Dallas so I may just let him go wild on my engine. It all depends on how many other original parts I find in the car. Right now she has 56,000 miles and has been in storage for 9 years. I'm hoping to get started on a frame off restoration in the early spring so I'll let you know how I progress. (I've got to finish the home remodeling project I started 6 years ago first) Speak to you more soon.
Cheers,
Cal

LOL,
I've been spending a bunch of time on the house as well, but my wife NEVER seems to think it's enough...and continues to wonder why she "allowed" me to build a garage/workshop in the back yard.

I've enjoyed making the modifications to my car, but it is a real tough call when I change something from stock, so I try and keep the changes limited to things I (or someone else) can revert to stock.

Best of luck on your car, and please feel free to e-mail me with pics and info, I love seeing what others are doing.

Bob

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom