Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I put my '90 on E-Bay...

Tom73

Corvette
73 LS4 Coupe - 04 CE Conv
Just in case anyone may be interested, I have posted my '90 coupe on e-bay. It is item # 2486303102.

Here is the LINK

tom...

62_1.JPG

It has been relisted with a MUCH lower reserve.

tom...

I bet that people are afraid of the high mileage. Not knowing what your reserve is...I can't tell you if it's reasonable or not. Good luck ...hope you get some more bids.

limomanb said:
I bet that people are afraid of the high mileage. Not knowing what your reserve is...I can't tell you if it's reasonable or not. Good luck ...hope you get some more bids.
I talked with a local major Vette dealer yesterday and he thought the car would bring $10-$11K retail (reserve is much lower than that). The miles did not worry him. Since I have had the car it has not been used as a daily driver/comuter. Would guess that 85% of the miles are all highway miles, which would mean low wear. But on ebay the bidders do not know me or the car, so......

tom...

Well, was a no sale. Anyone interested? Will part with it for $8500.00.

tom...

Tom73, just thought I'd share what I bought my car for. It's an 89 z51, 6spd, fx3, w/ 128,000 miles, had some minor issues kinda like yours does. I paid 6k. Just some food for thought.

Jay

Tom73 said:
Well, was a no sale. Anyone interested? Will part with it for $8500.00.

tom...
I have found that when you list cars on ebay, you are much better off making the minium bid what you want for the car.... your truly rock bottom price. When I did that, I sold my car (a '93 corvette a few years ago now) and even got more than it was listed for. when i tried it with a reserve, it didn't sell.

It's tough to sell a used corvette, especially one with a lot of miles on it. Years ago in San Francisco my 86 coupe was on the market for 6 months until I finally sold it to my mechanic, and it had only 67,000 miles on it.

Mileage is the key!

If you drive a vette for more then 5000 miles per year the resale value drops out of the sky.

That is not through a dealer because they will tell you that the avg mileage is betweem 15-20,000 miles per year and it's always highway mileage.

Now if you bring in that same vette to the same dealer he will tell you to sell it by yourself because of the mileage, and offer you between 5-6000 if your lucky.
For the right price it will be sold.

Wholesale is probably if a dealer would touch it around $6000 tops if it's in top condition.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom