Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I was reading car and driver tire test and ordered new tires! LOL You'll never guess

Even though car and driver magazine rated ahead of PS2's..Is this a wise choice?

• No your a cheap bastard and you'll regret it. C & D was paid off!

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Yes you made a good decision. C & D tested it at tirerack facility and its the real deal.

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Who knows..but interested in your review when you get them on the car

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • You should have bought runflats..Wait till you get stuck smuc!

Votes: 15 34.9%

• Total voters

JBsC5

I was reading car and driver tire test and ordered new tires! LOL You'll never guess what brand came in second..

I was all set to order nitto invo's for my c6...I priced them out at 869 delivered or 930 installed locally...

Low and behold....I get this months car and driver and they trash the invos so I read on...and the Hankook 110's or whatever the hell they are called are ranked second..

They surpass the michelin PS2's in handling and braking....autox both wet and dry...or are dam close enough that I say to myself...for 684 dollars delivered...I'll give them a shot...so I called discount tire and they are delivering them to me in the next week or so...

Its actually 734 delivered with a 50 dollar rebate check..

The rebate check is good as long as you purchase before...august 31st..

Just a head up...for those that might need new tires.....they reviewed dam good in the magazine and the price is a little over the cost of ONE RUNFLAT GOODYEAR! LOL

I figure if I hate them...I can always burn em down the cords fast...but all kidding aside...its a smokin price from discount tire.com

Ask for Danny when you call..

he's a cool guy.

JB

I'll be interested to see what you have to say about your new tires. I'm looking to get a new set of tires soon...

:thumb Jason

Car & Driver tire test ... 9 low buck offrerings take on the Big Dog PS2
Could any of these nine low cost offerings knock off the Pilot Sport PS2? The Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 in the test size of 225/45-17 costs $192.00.

Here's where the challengers come in price wise:
BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KDW2 ($126)
Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport ($132)
Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec ($137)
Falken Azenis RT-615 ($121)
Hankook Ventus V12 EVO ($106)
Kumho Ecsta XS ($120)
Ling Long L688 ($57)
Nitto Invo ($117)
Yokohama S-Drive ($115)

The test covered several different areas of performance. AutoX , skid pad , braking , price and ride quality. I am not going to reproduce the entire article but, here are some of the numbers

AutoX times wet/dry

Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 60.7 / 60.1

BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KDW2 61.3 / 59.6
Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport 62.5 / 60.1
Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec 60.8 / 59.3
Falken Azenis RT-615 64.2 / 59.8
Hankook Ventus V12 EVO 61.0 / 59.8
Kumho Ecsta XS 65.4 / 59.0
Ling Long L688 61.1 / 65.8
Nitto Invo 61.9 / 60.5
Yokohama S-Drive 61.5 / 60.3

SKIDPAD, g's wet / dry

Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 0.88 / 0.92

BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KDW2 0.85 / 0.91
Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport 0.80 / 0.90
Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec 0.86 / 0.92
Falken Azenis RT-615 0.80 / 0.91
Hankook Ventus V12 EVO 0.87 / 0.93
Kumho Ecsta XS 0.77 / 0.94
Ling Long L688 0.73 / 0.88
Nitto Invo 0.82 / 0.91
Yokohama S-Drive 0.84 / 0.88

after the testing the Car and Driver test drivers and staffers still consider the Pilot Sport PS2 the top summer performance tire.

Final Results for the challengers

#1 Dunlop Star Spec
#2 Hankook V12 EVO
#3 Kumho Ecsta XS
#4 Bridgestone RE760
#5 BF Goodrich KDW2
#6 Yokohama S-Drive
#7 Falken Azenis
#8 Nitto Invo
#9 Lin Long L688​

I read the same article, however, I could not find any listing for the Dunlop Star Spec fitment for the C6.

Are you saying that the Dunlop Star Spec is available in the following C6 size 285x35x19 and 245x40x18.

If you go to Hankook's web site you have to search for fitment by tire size as a search by model shows vehicle not available.

kotspacer.gif
sm.han.logo.gif
Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110Ultra High Performance For The Demanding Sports Car Driver245/40R18XL 97Y VSBReading the Tire Size
kotspacer.gif
regGoldSpacer.gif
kotspacer.gif
kotspacer.gif
Average Customer Review
5.0.Star.yl.gif
kotspacer.gif
kotspacer.gif
Read Reviews Review this Tire
kotspacer.gif
kotspacer.gif
regGoldSpacer.gif
kotspacer.gif
UTQG: 280AAMeets or exceeds original equipment speed rating
kotspacer.gif
regGoldSpacer.gif
kotspacer.gif
A set of 4 tires qualifies for:
Hankook $50 Rebate
kotspacer.gif
regGoldSpacer.gif
kotspacer.gif
$143.00
Found it Lower?
Let us Know!
kotspacer.gif
kotspacer.gif
sm.han.logo.gif
Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110Ultra High Performance For The Demanding Sports Car Driver285/35R19 99Y SBLReading the Tire Size
kotspacer.gif
regGoldSpacer.gif
kotspacer.gif
kotspacer.gif
Average Customer Review
5.0.Star.yl.gif
kotspacer.gif
kotspacer.gif
Read Reviews Review this Tire
kotspacer.gif
kotspacer.gif
regGoldSpacer.gif
kotspacer.gif
UTQG: 280AAMeets or exceeds original equipment speed rating
kotspacer.gif
regGoldSpacer.gif
kotspacer.gif
A set of 4 tires qualifies for:
Hankook $50 Rebate
kotspacer.gif
regGoldSpacer.gif
kotspacer.gif
$224.00
Found it Lower?
Let us Know!
kotspacer.gif

I hope this helps.

JB

Ding..ding ...ding! We have a winner!

Any of you guys looking to buy new tires should jump on these Hankooks..

For 684 dollars delivered these tires offer a smoking deal. They look great...they drive great..

Its the first day and they are a huge improvement over the rock hard year and a half old Goodyear Runflats I had on my C6.

If you've got a c5 I'd recommend you look to see if they offer the sizing your cars require.

Smokin deal these hankooks!

JMO and good luck

JB

After searching the discount tire site for tires for a Z06, it appears there's only 2 choices. The Nitto and OEM Goodyear. After reading 5 different feedbacks (all Corvette drivers) it appears the Nittos are junk. 1 praise and 4 thumbs down. I'm looking at the Firestones now. yabba-dabba-dooo!;LOL

Honestly, the only thing I read about the INVO'S is that they smell.;shrug

The NT05 might be a better choice for the Z06. I'm hearing good results about the BFG Pole Position run flat too. I'm looking for my 3rd set now.

g-Force KDW2's

I went with the BF Goodrich KDW2's. I'm pretty pleased. Of course anything was an improvement over the Goodyear Run Flats. The KDW2's are much quieter and stick a lot better.

I'm sure the KDW's are excellent too...

All I can say is for 684 dollars delivered...These Hankooks are smoking ..

The ride ...the handling...

One of the best tire money no object too...

nothing but the best rubber for my Vette

I got to tell you these hankooks are dam good...I paid cash for my CTS and a month later the same for the 08 vette with Z51...

Beleive me....I wouldn't cheap out...and accept lower performance...no matter what the cost..

The hankooks are way improved over what came on the car stock (z51 goodyears)

Consider them. IMO

684 dollars delievered is insane pricing for all four tires is just the gravy..

None of the tires in the test are runflats.

hth

Tires

I fully agree with most of the statements, but i got a 2009 not to long ago. the oem tires seem to be a improvement over the run flats of a few years ago. ride is better and have not noticed any road noise to speak of. The big difference is price which is a major point..................................................Billy

I fully agree with most of the statements, but i got a 2009 not to long ago. the oem tires seem to be a improvement over the run flats of a few years ago. ride is better and have not noticed any road noise to speak of. The big difference is price which is a major point..................................................Billy

Billy I too had two c5's and even though the Goodyears that came standard on my 2008 z51 were an improvement over the previous c5 runflats..

The hankook evo 12's are much better than even the new generation runflats on my z51 equipped 2008.

Hope this helps and thats even without taking into consideration price.

JB

I'm sorry I did not do the research on runflats for the C6.

For the best value? i'd say shop the corvetteforum.com for sale section..

There are usually a lot of guys selling runflat tires with very low mileage for a very good price.

Good luck

JB

I'm running Michelin runflats on my C5 and they have been great, however, I am not sure I will buy runflats again. They are only good for a recommended 50 miles with no air, Goodyears 200, but if you ruin one out in the middle of nowhere you can't find a replacement.:cry

I've been posting links to that tire test for a while and I have driven on the Hankook's. They are a quality tire. The last time I had a flat, Nixon was on television telling me that he wasn't a crook. I have road service and if I ever get a flat, I'll just call the tire repair dude and have him bring an air compressor and a plug. Lots cheaper IMHO.

I have the Firestone Wide Oval run flats on my C6 and they ride just fine. $1000 delivered from Tirerack.