Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I was surrounded by Z06s this evening!

Ken

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Z51 Silver Coupe
And wouldn't ya know it I didn't have my camera with me. :eyerole

When I got to my local cruise tonight (Ruby's - Cruise At The Beach) there was a silver Z06 with slicks (street radials) on it so I parked next to it with my silver Z51. :L

When I left for the evening there were five more surrounding me. They were already familiar with the Z06.com, site so of course I invited them to join us here at the Corvette Action Center as well. :CAC

I also met another Z06 owner, who was a member at the other place, but a while back he came over and joined us here - "Zippy" was here on vacation from the Detroit area. It was very nice meeting him. Ya never know who your going to meet out there. :cool

Nice report.

Please keep a camera in your glove compartment for now on!!!!

Thanks.......

Black-Pic

Ken said:
And wouldn't ya know it I didn't have my camera with me. :eyerole

When I got to my local cruise tonight (Ruby's - Cruise At The Beach) there was a silver Z06 with slicks (street radials) on it so I parked next to it with my silver Z51. :L

When I left for the evening there were five more surrounding me. They were already familiar with the Z06.com, site so of course I invited them to join us here at the Corvette Action Center as well. :CAC

I also met another Z06 owner, who was a member at the other place, but a while back he came over and joined us here - "Zippy" was here on vacation from the Detroit area. It was very nice meeting him. Ya never know who your going to meet out there. :cool

theblackvette said:
Nice report.

Please keep a camera in your glove compartment for now on!!!!

Thanks.......

Black-Pic
What glove compartment?;LOL

Very cool! Nice site there too, Ken.

Maybe some of them will come on over and hang out with us here at the CAC.

This reminds me of another thread I saw recently. It got me thinking. We need another level of membership here- CAC Ambassador level:
For higher membership fees, perhaps we could get a bit more upload space or gallery space, (or some other little perks) and a starter pack of CAC "business" cards that we can distribute to other corvette owners that we come across who haven't found out about the CAC.
Rob would get more financial assistance to help run the site, ambassador-level members would get more good stuff, and we could better spread the word about the CAC. :upthumbs

Hi Ken!

Your invite worked, I'm now a member of this forum, too! :beer

We had 6 Z06's (and Zippy) show up from the Z06Vette.com forum--we were the guys (and gal) surrounding you. I've got a few pics--let me see how to post them, and I'll get 'em on here.

Scott

Welcome Scott.

You didn't let Ken's little Corvette rattle your windows did you? :D

Thanks, Tom.

Yeah, Ken's Vette sure is awesome!

attachment.php
attachment.php

You can see Ken there...I just caught the tail end of what he was saying...something about "...this big!" :L

You shoulda seen the one that got away! :L

Nice to have ya with us Scott. :CAC

Ken said:
You shoulda seen the one that got away! :L

Nice to have ya with us Scott. :CAC
we threw this one back
DSC01599.JPG

Welcome to CAC Scott, you will like it here.

Ken, you are welcome to fish in my pond,as long as you can swim faster then him;LOL

;LOL Okay Craig, you asked for it! ;LOL

Senate approves catfish ‘noodling’

Published Thursday, April 29, 2004

JEFFERSON CITY (AP) - It’s illegal, but it happens: People jump into rivers and lakes, blindly stick their hands into logs or dark holes and pull out big fish by their mouths.

The practice is called "noodling," and the Missouri Senate gave initial approval yesterday to a bill that would legalize it in a limited form by allowing hand fishing for catfish and carp during June and July.

Senators advanced the measure on a voice vote after a half-serious and half-joking debate in which urban lawmakers expressed disbelief at the practice and noted the state Department of Conservation opposes the bill. The legislation needs another Senate vote to move to the House.

In the past five years, 126 people have been convicted for illegal hand fishing, receiving an average fine of $120, according to the conservation department, which sets hunting and fishing seasons and enforces wildlife regulations.

But sponsoring Sen. John Cauthorn, R-Mexico, said some rural residents want to legally enjoy the sport, which he claims dates to early American Indian tribes.

Several city-dwelling senators seemed taken aback by the whole picture.

"I’m not sure why anybody would do this without being pretty relaxed," said Sen. Joan Bray, D-St. Louis, implying that the good judgment of a person fishing by hand may be clouded by alcoholic intoxication.

The conservation department fears it would be easy for hand fishers to identify places were big catfish could hide.

They could deplete the population of 15- to 20-pound flathead catfish and decrease the trophy fish available for those using traditional hooks and lines, said Mike Kruse, the fisheries program supervisor for the conservation department.

Cauthorn said those concerns were unwarranted, claiming water habitat was in fine shape and there were plenty of catfish to meet the demand of the limited number of people who fish by hand.

Larry Yamnitz, who trains game wardens for the conservation department, said some hand fishers set traps for catfish by submerging boxes in the water. Several years ago, conservation agents hauled a tractor-trailer load of such traps out of Pomme de Terre Lake, he said.

Have you ever "noodled"? ;LOL

S-TEE said:
Hi Ken!

Your invite worked, I'm now a member of this forum, too! :beer

We had 6 Z06's (and Zippy) show up from the Z06Vette.com forum--we were the guys (and gal) surrounding you. I've got a few pics--let me see how to post them, and I'll get 'em on here.

Scott
Hi Scott. Welcome aboard. Fantastic folks here, both on and behind the boards! :beer

I had a fun-tastic time at Rudy's cruise in!!! Ken, how cool to travel over 2,500 miles from Grosse Pointe Farms, Mi, and meet one of the VIP's from CAC!!!

SoCal car guys know how to have a good time!! :) :)

Took two of my grandkids to Balboa Beach today, and it was the first time they took a car ride on a ferry...Yes,they were thrilled!

It was also great to meet some of the gang from Z06vette.com group at Rudy's!!!

Maybe one of these days, Mrs Zippy & I will drive our Vette from Michigan.

Thanks again for making me feel at home in California!!! :) :) :)

Zippy :) :)

Hey Ken....

Cool you met Zippy!!! This place is growing!!!

I was surrounded by 6 former Miss Universe's today....but I forgot my camera...;LOL

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom