Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I'm tanked !!

C3alex

Corvette
1978 L-82 Silver anniversary
Trying to remove the coolant expansion tank from under the fender of my 78 w/ AC. At the present time I think I may have to remove the AC plumbing plus the right valve cover.

Anyone have the secret to getting these tanks outta their hole?

Thanks....Rich

I don't know if this will help, but on my 81 I taken mine out several times after I removed the fresh air duct mounted on the fender.Its a little tight but It can be done....
good luck

I don't know if this will help, but on my 81 I taken mine out several times after I removed the fresh air duct mounted on the fender.Its a little tight but It can be done....
good luck

Thanks Bill. On another site I was told to pull, twist, and yank and it will come out. Haven't tried it yet....I dunno ??;shrug

good luck

Like Bill says, remove the fresh air duct and the tank will come out. It's not a smooth removal but it will come out. Same going in.

Jim

The washer fluid bottle is just as fun...LOL.
I haven't tried that one yet.......
but I will before too long!!!!!:eek:hnoes:eek:hnoes

Thanks Bill. On another site I was told to pull, twist, and yank and it will come out. Haven't tried it yet....I dunno ??;shrug
some people are just crude!!!!!
or they are related to BUBBA!!!!!!!!!:boogie:boogie

Hey guys, I got resin and a sawzall. I could do some real damage...that is if-in I was outta my mind:W

I did get it out today without removing anything other than some skin on my knuckles. It was grubby and slimey but cleaned-up just barely. Found a hole in the bottom and fixed it with epoxy resin and a little piece of woven cloth.

I'm not buying a new one because this winter i'm building my own tank.
Thanks for helping me out on this.....Rich

I got the expansion tank back in and hooked up, what an experience! Now on to the washer tank.....yee gads, here I go again.

Well, let me begin by saying what a pain in the *s* this has been replacing the washer fluid bottle and pump. Got everything back together, wipers and fluid worked fine. I looked under the vette and noticed a puddle of wiper fluid. The new damn pump is leaking. Now I have to replace the pump again. A couple of hours working backwards today...."Good Times". I'll know how to do this with my eye's closed when all is said and done.

The washer tank on mine has seperated at the gooseneck/tank junction:cry

Think i'll give myself a few days rest before I go at it again.:beer

The washer tank on mine has seperated at the gooseneck/tank junction:cry

Think i'll give myself a few days rest before I go at it again.:beer
The washer fluid bottle is easily removed from the bottom after removing the fuel vapor canister. You have to remove the trim panel and then the splash plate first in order to gain access to these items. I think it is easier then removing the cruise control servo and master cylinder and working from the top. Anywho, it wasn't fun at all from either direction. Definitely make sure you have no leaks before you button everything back up.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom