Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Improved C6 A6? A question for GM.

A

anthony s

Got a chance to drive a new Grand sport at Carlisle this past weekend. It had an automatic transmission. I noticed it shifted a lot better than my 2008 C6 A6.I tried to get it to hesitate, but couldn't. Any chance of updating my transmission with the changes they made to the new Grand Sport?;shrug

It's probably a software upgrade. Check with your dealer service department to see if you are current.

Progress?

Did you ever get anywhere on this issue? I too have a very poor performing C6 A6 that needs something. Horrible shifting at low speeds and gets lost after down-shifting. Slow down to take a turn and literally have to wait 5-10 seconds or more to accelerate so transmission can catch up. :mad

I believe it does not although I have not driven it much in "S" - I am lazy and like the automatic. I will drive it more in "S" to confirm but pretty sure it does NOT have the issue when in "S".

FYI - I am the one that also emailed you last night. Really would love to get this issue resolved. I have let it go on for far too long. It is embarrassing to have anyone else ride in the car with me. :ugh Luckily I am alone 90% of the time and the only other one that rides with me often is my 9-year-old son who is just enamored with the car and does not notice the sloppy shifting.

Hi there,

The key is how the transmission shifts in S.

You completely change the shifting of the transmission when you do this. Just because you are in S does NOT MEAN you have to use the paddles. Its just a different type of shifting. YOU MAY use the paddles in S but it is NOT required.

If your shifting becomes what you desire, simply leave the transmission in S and enjoy.

As far as the rest goes, we do not know what program was uploaded by your dealership so the rest is speculation.

Let us know, c4c5

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom