Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

INFO needed, Beacon Chevrolet, Lynn Mass.....

1KULC7

Corvette
2014 Convertible
I am trying to gather information about Beacon Chevrolet during the 1963 timeperiod. It was located at 517 Lynnway, Lynn, Mass on the beach side.

I am trying to validate the Dealer Number. I know the Zone was 32, but I am looking for somebody with paper work from the sixties or before that will show the DEALER's Code. I think it is 606, but for some reason, somebody else told me that SALTZ Chevrolet of Salem was 606 and Beacon was 43, yet the person who told me the 606 code was right, has the build sheet from a 66, that shows 606 as the Dealers Code....SOOOOO....

Looking for anybody who might still have paperwork from the 60's from Beacon Chevrolet....

On the other hand, how many of you living in the Lynn Area remember Lynn Beach and Rolands Ice Cream on a Saturday Night....wish I had that time machine...you name it, it was parked there.....

Thanks...just trying to relive my childhood....through memories...

I moved this into the NCRS forum from the General Restoration forum hoping that it might get better exposure here...

My car was originally sold here. I have a copy of the original dealer invoice which I got from a company that can access GM's Archives and find your copy by searching the VIN.

Ive tried to find information on the dealership, unfortunately as you probably know, they closed years ago. Its too bad, I was hoping to get more information from their records which Im sure are long gone now...

I was actually just searching on google and came across your thread. As luck would have it, my invoice has the dealer code for Beacon Chevy. Its 32-042. I hope this helps. What info are you looking for?

EDIT: Just realized you were looking for it to be from the 60's. I dont know if the dealer code changes or not, but as of March 28th, 1980 when my car was shipped, Beacon's code was listed as 32-042 :)

Oh, and heres a fun fact I just came across in my google search!

http://yosemite.epa.gov/r1/npl_pad....f57d1a86dc95c1ef85256c2400621935!OpenDocument

Apparently after closing, the site of the former Beacon Chevrolet became a "Superfund" site for the EPA. I guess Beacon didnt run the cleanest operation.

BTW.... Holy thread revival batman!

Beacon Chevrolet

The first time I ever sat in a Corvette was at Beacon Chevrolet, Lynn, Massachusetts. I was 13 years old and was sitting in a white 63 split window coupe with red interior. If I remember right, Beacon Chevrolet in 1963 was at the corner of the Lynnway and Commercial Street, this was on the west side of the Lynnway.

I was surfing the Former Lynners page on facebook and came accross and old bill of sale for a 1963 Nova II, I hope this helps you in some way. If this is not what your looking for, log onto facebook "Former Lynners" page and ask around there.

Attachments

• Beacon Chevrolet.jpg
    Beacon Chevrolet.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 241
I found another Beacon Chevrolet from 1958

View attachment 3055

Very Cool! I wish I could find out who my car was sold to so I could get more of its history. I know it was stolen somewhere along its journey, and thats how I wound up buying it from a Boston Police officer. Unfortunately all I have is the dealer invoice, and no info on the buyer. Would the DMV be able to get me that kind of info if I gave them the VIN???

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom