Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Injector Problem need help!!!!!!

PLRX

I just installed new ACCEL injectors and the car is shaking a little and white smoke is comming out the right muffler. I swap them back with the stock and the shaking went away but then lots of white smoke was coming out. I took it out, I was mad so I rev it up to few 5600 RPMs and the smoke went away. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE?????

ANYONE WITH THIS EXPERIENCE???

White smoke is water. Blue smoke is oil. Sounds like a head gasket but if it went away ???? Maybe some moisture got inside during the swap? Sorry I can't help more.

:w

Hrtbeat1 said:
I bet its just condensation in the exhaust system.

I'm really hoping so. The funny thing is I swap the factory for stock replacement Accels and the engine had a bad rough idle. I decided to put the factory ones back and Poooof! problem gone. I also took the adj fuel pressure regulator out, I noticed there was fuel leaking from the vacuum "nipple". It was been sucked into the engine. Now the car starts in half a second.

Do you think maybe a injector/s came defective?

acc-150826_w.jpg

Accel has a bad reputation and track record when it comes to injectors, send them back and get some Ford motor sport injectors. They will definitely work better than Accel injectors.

Thats funny, a Corvette with Ford injectors. Oh well if they work why not!!!

Brand new injectors do not flow the same amount of fuel. They do not draw the same amount of current. This makes for cars running rough or just plain not running very well.

Nascar teams will buy 1,000 injectors at a time. They will test the flow and the current draw. They will put them into batches of 8. By doing this, they will sometimes find another 20 to 30 horsepower out of the same engine!

I recommend talking to Paul at Auto Clinic of Rockford, IL. He can sell you a set of completely reconditioned injectors for much, much less than a new set. He can sell you a better injector than what was originally installed in your Vette.

After you install his set of injectors, you will be amazed at how nice your Vette will idle and how much power you will have.

New injectors carry a lot of marketing. Totally unnecessary. What you want are injectors that are balanced with each other.

Save The Wave! :w

P.S. Tell him Gregory from Illinois told you to call him!

BTW, I have fussed around with AFPRs and this is what I found. Unless you have a massively large, rebuilt stroker (or super / turbocharged) engine, they are totally useless. The factory fuel pressure regulator works fine and will keep those injectors running well. The AFPR is another one of those items that makes a nice profit for the company selling them!

Are those Ford injectors the SVO's?

lt4man said:
Nascar teams will buy 1,000 injectors at a time. They will test the flow and the current draw. They will put them into batches of 8. By doing this, they will sometimes find another 20 to 30 horsepower out of the same engine!

Gregory, The big three Nascar series, Nextel Cup, Busch Grand National, and Craftsman Trucks all use carburetors as per the rules. No computer controlled fuel management is allowed. Therefore I would have to disagree with your statement.

Maybe the smoke was some kind of lubricant or preservative residue in the new injectors. How much smoke? I can't see a blown head gasket from changing injectors. Was the smoke continual or did it puff? Did you try to rev it hard with the Accel injectors? Did you try to drive it with the new injectors? It only takes one cylinder out to make the engine run like crap, so maybe just 1 or 2 bad injectors in the new set.

If you really want to use the new Accel injectors, you could install them one at a time and give it a test start to verify that it's working. If you install one and it causes poor running/drivability, remove it and send it back to Accel.

Personally, I would return them and order the Ford injectors. It's not like Ford actually manufactures those injectors, Ford outsources almost all minor components. Could be that Accel is making them for Ford. Actually I think Bosch or Denso currently makes them. The quality will be only as good as the specs that Ford, Chevy, Dodge ask of the manufacturer.

It was puffing. No, I did not drive the car with the Accel inj. I put the factory ones back but the smoke continued so like i posted I took it out, rev it few time and smoke went away.

Some friends in the local Impala SS (LT1) club run the F*rd injectors, but I wanted anything but F*rd, so I ordered ACCEL 32# for my stroker, a few days ago. That same day, I called Allen @ PCM4less to verify I needed another chip. He freaked when he heard I bought ACCEL and asked if I could get my money back. He said they are not only crap, but ACCEL knows it and will fully refund your money to anyone that has a problem. The most common problem with the ACCEL injectors is that they stick open. An over rich condition may have contributed to your "temporary" white smoke. He, like every other person I have asked, highly recommends the F*rd SVO injectors for the LT1.

I am still looking...

*#!!...F*rd?????

I've read a few posts where the Accel injectors weren't praised. I got the Ford injectors myself. C'mon, if Chevy guys are willing to use Ford injectors in their car, they must be good injectors.:L

I have accell injectors, and I have a lean condition.

They were returned and I got my money back. Since then I had no problems. Thanks for your comments.

Out

Hrtbeat1.

Picky, picky, picky!

I believe I misquoted my source. I believe he was referring to racing teams in general. Obviously, the racing teams who use injection on their engines.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!

PLRX787 said:
I'm really hoping so. The funny thing is I swap the factory for stock replacement Accels and the engine had a bad rough idle. I decided to put the factory ones back and Poooof! problem gone. I also took the adj fuel pressure regulator out, I noticed there was fuel leaking from the vacuum "nipple". It was been sucked into the engine. Now the car starts in half a second.

Do you think maybe a injector/s came defective?

acc-150826_w.jpg
If the diaphram in your fpr was leaking that would explain alot in reguards to smoke and rough idle. Your ecm will learn how to compensate for the injectors in closed loop. During open loop (cold engine or wot) you will probably get a rich condition if the injectors were rated more than stock. Seems most of your problems are due to leaking diaphram and not enough road time to let the ecm learn.

Hrtbeat1 said:
Gregory, The big three Nascar series, Nextel Cup, Busch Grand National, and Craftsman Trucks all use carburetors as per the rules. No computer controlled fuel management is allowed. Therefore I would have to disagree with your statement.

I concur.....

Read post above.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom