Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Inner wheel well ???

Wegone

Corvette
82,91 ZR-1,
I had the good luck of killing a road gator in the process it cracked my left front inner fender well. I have spent the last few days looking for a new one problem is they are all black. Mine are gray? Could I get you 90's and early 91's guys to look and confirm if your front inner wheel wells are gray or black
Thanks for any input. and yes the 90's are different due to the front fascia. I have looked up the part # from GM as listed in on the Parts CD, They are 10275625 & 626, so far I have found a few different #s but GM had a habbit of changing #'s over the years. The R & L on mine are Gray as the pic shows and are gray all the way thru, this is only the front forward liners all the others are black. I have found a set of NOS with the part # I listed waiting on a reply as to the color. If they are black I will just get the set.

The part # off the left on my 95 & 96 are 10255287

If all else fails I will change both to black but would prefer to keep it original.

9nxk.jpg

l1nl.jpg

I'll guess that sometime in the early 90s GM changed suppliers or materials such that those panels were black.

Good luck on finding NOS gray parts....sounds like you might have done so.

Thanks Hib,

Have not found any in gray just black but did find another part # 10146495 & 96.. :thumb

Last edited:
They are grey on my '88. Seems like you should go for an earlier year......Roger.

Thanks roger, wish it was that easy 88-90' are different due to the front fascia.

Last edited:
Have you considered repairing your existing wheel well. That doesn't look like a real bad crack and someone familiar with fibreglass should be able to fix it and you can paint to match.

Have you considered repairing your existing wheel well. That doesn't look like a real bad crack and someone familiar with fiberglass should be able to fix it and you can paint to match.

That I have just did not want to paint them and have to deal with a repaint every year to keep them chip free and looking nice. With the original finish all I have done over the last 11 years is wash them every time I wash the car. My hope was to just find a left in gray, and it is a dark gray. But looks like I will be changing them to black.

Options

Make them different, fix the crack then layer them in carbon fiber? Definitely 'one of a kind'
Just a thought.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom