Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Install DeWitts Radiator

VAroute66

Corvette
'66 Roadster
When those of you who installed the DeWitts radiator (SP025M) upgrade in their 66 or 67, did you have to move any wiring? Apparently you do for prior to 66, but its not clear for a 66 or 67. Thank you.

V/R
Dan

Why would you need to go from a SB radiator to a BB radiator?
The SB is aluminum and the original BB is brass/copper.

Don

This "big block" sized radiator, with dual SPAL fans, can be mounted in the small block core support to cool either a small block or big block engine in an original small block car like mine. See DeWitts - Product Detail I am considering a higher horsepower small block or big block for my car. The reason I ask the question is that there is a horn relay mounted on the radiator core support, and I am trying to figure out if it has to be moved to install the larger radiator. Thanks.

Regards
Dan

Do what you want but in my hands with a worked sb plus a Vortech supercharger, the DeWitts sb radiator with the recommended SPAL puller fan and pulse width modulator (that they no longer sell) my '65 will idle at drawbridge openings at 195* all day in 90* August heat. Except for August, the car invariably runs on the 180* tstat.

I happen to have the bb radiator you're talking about in my 66 bb car and IMHO, you're going into overkill. THAT car will sit at the drawbridge with the AC on and barely touch 190*.

I never viewed this hybrid mounting system but if it's Tom, it WILL fit and the horn relay wouldn't be my first worry. HOW MUCH horsepower you running there, big guy?

I would'nt be too upset if this radiator kept the stock 327/300 small block at 180 deg. since now on a really bad August day it can reach 210 deg. I want to install a big block or maybe a whipplecharged small block in the future. I just look at the radiator as an investment in the future and present convenience since the car runs really well between 160 and 180 deg. ( I have a 160 deg. thermostat) I'm not worried about the premature wear caused by operation at lower temperatures. Thanks for your input.

Regards
Dan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom