Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Install K&N FIPK w/o cutting?

DocOhm

Corvette
2001 Coupe QuickSilver A4
Has anyone ever installed the K&N FIPK kit (single air filter type) without cutting the opening in the radiator cover? I'm wondering if it will fit.
Thanks....
Doc

DocOhm said:
Has anyone ever installed the K&N FIPK kit (single air filter type) without cutting the opening in the radiator cover? I'm wondering if it will fit.
Thanks....
Doc

There is a K&N filter that is a direct replacement for the stock filter. It requires no cutting. I have also seen some that require removal of the factory airbox, and replacement of the box with a filter assembly. There are also people who choose to cut a hole in the front of the airbox or just ziptie the filter to the back half of the airbox, removing the front half altogether. Some of those methods can have water complications. I once cut a hole in the front of the airbox on my '97, but I got water in there when I washed my car. I had to stuff a towel in the hole when I washed my car.

I didn't get an answer to my original question so just for the record, you can do this. I installed my K&N FIPK 2 last weekend and it fits fine without cutting the hole in the radiator cover. I didn't want to do that and let in all that crap from the road. We'll see if I have any high temperature problems this summer, if so, I'll make the cut then. It usually gets well over 100 several times during the summer here in Oklahoma.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom