Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Installing Outer Door Whiskers

Eddie 70

Corvette
1970 Convertible LS6 and an 02 EB Z06
Whats the trick here? I am in the middle of installing the new outer door whiskers and am having one whale of a time. This is the rubber piece that goes between the door and the door glass. I know these pieces can be installed. Can anyone give me any advice or share your experiences with the installation of these 2 pieces.
Thanks.

Are the doors completely gutted? That's the easiest way to install the outer whiskers. Also, do you have the stainless trim that goes in first (I'm not sure if your year had this). There's a couple (or three) screws that hold it all to the door. Any pics?

Thumper, thanks for the response. I do have the stainless trim that goes with it. I finally got both sides done. What I wound up doing was dropping the lower stops for the window. This allowed the window to drop down very low without dropping out of the window tracks. This gave me full access to the mounts of the whiskers. I then pressed one of the whisker buttons into the door. I then used a big drift and a hammer to drive the remaining whisker buttons into the door. I am glad you mentioned the screws. As mine only had one screw in them. I need to run out and grab some more to finish the job correctly. I only have the one screw that goes through the rubber and into the door.

Glad to hear you got it worked out. :bang

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom