Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Insullated convertible top / perf axle '07

Koop

Corvette
YELLOW 69 modified GM Crate ZZ383, LS2 TBSS
So my Dad is going to buy a new Vette (he's had a 1969 C3 which is now mine, a '90 ZR1 and currently a '99 C5 Coupe).

Is there a performance axle/automatic?

Is there an insullated convertible top option? (He's in the desert and needs to keep the heat out).

I've got him convinced to get the new exhaust and and heads up display, what else do I need to talk him into?

I did get him in the Active Handling in the '99, so that's the only car he's owned that he hasn't wrecked!

Thanks

The '08 is offered with a 'performance axle' with the paddle shift auto. It is a 2.73 ratio and it is included in the Z51 package.

The convertible top is lined and insultated. Seems to work pretty good. The specs say it is a 'five layer' fabric configuration.

The 3LT or 4LT (if you can ever get it) will provide the heads up display and the electric convertible top. Lowering and raising the top is a piece of cake but it does take up some trunk space.

The dual mode exhaust is nice. It does get a lot louder at 3500 RPM and greater but if he likes a good exhaust rumble, he'll like the option. Btw, you can make it loud all the time by pulling one fuse or you can get a 'radio control' remote for the exhaust and activite it whenever you want. That's cool.

I bought the GPS navigation system and it comes in handy for road trips and finding your way around new places.

That's a start.

Thanks, I'll forward that to him. He does like a loud exhaust and a quick car so the perf axle and the exhaust will be great. Dad can't figure out how to work the Nav system in his Denali so he figures it's a paperweight at this point. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it for a ride!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom