Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Intake & Exhaust

korvet777

Corvette
03 Electron Blue Cpe A4
2003 coupe - A4. I've read numerous posts about intake and exhaust. Great hearing everyone's experiences and opinions. I've settled on the Corsa. What is the primary difference between the touring and Indy if neither has resonance? And, is the 'X' the better way to go? Any advice on which intake for lfe in the desert (Phoenix)? May end up in CA in a few years, however, not yet. Is it worthwhile to 'cut' the shroud or leave the cutters on the bench? Thanks Much. Ken

Leave the cutters on the bench..Do either a Donaldson Blackwing or a Halltech Trap.

As far as exhausts..I had the indy's without the x pipe..where after the first year..I really had wished I put the x pipe in when I had the Corsa Indy's installed.. I got tired of the motorboat idle noise but at full throttle..Sure was sweet.

If I were buying today. I would buy the tourings..just because they are a little more stealthy especially with headers..

Just depends if you want the sond of a finely tuned machine in stealthy type mode or you want to SCREAM! (not too loud but getting up there with headers and maybe a cam)

Best to go to a car show or corvette event and just ask to hear the motor at 4 or 5,000 rpms.. It usually is a popular request and one that can best answer your question.

Definitely do the X pipe (IMHO) and if your not doing headers ..then lean towards INdy's...

i just got done installing the blackwing and test driving the car. wow!!! it really makes a seat of the pants difference in power.

when i looked at the stock air box, i couldn't for the life of me figure out how any air got in there at all...the car's breathing much better now:Twist .

it's a geat mod, and it only took about 30 minutes to install. now i just need a new exhaust:s

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom