Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Interesting and Fun Cruise Night Experience...

90Callaway

We were just talking in another post about how the general public hasn't got a clue what a Callaway TT is. Well I took my car out for a local cruise night last night. (Granted it is sponsored by the local Corvette club so the knowledge factor is probably slightly higher about Vettes in general.) Before I even backed into my spot I had a few people gathering. As soon as I stepped out of the car the first guy says to me, "Is that a Sledgehammer?". I laughed and explained to him that there is only one and it was offered once for $400,000... but this was the next best thing. My car is a Silver Aerobody so it even looks somewhat close with the hardtop on. So I can respect that he knew about it... even knew it went over 250mph. Actually quite a few people did recognize the Callaway name and wanted to know, "Is it a real one?". (Are there fake ones? It's not like a Cobra clone.) Also- "How much did this cost... must be a lot!" "How fast is it?" "How much horsepower?"

A really interesting thing is that the young import contingent seemed to be most interested in the car. I spent a lot of time talking to these young guys and they really like the car. I think they can relate to it because it's turbocharged and that's what they're into... not just turbocharged but twin turbos! That seemed to really intrigue them.

So, all in all I had a great night. I'm out there spreading the word and knowledge as an ambassador for Callaway's everywhere.

Now if we could just get Lou to take his out of the garage! ;)

supernatural400

Corvette
1993 SuperNatural 400 #5 /99 LS1 Z28 N2O equipped
Sounds great, I get a lot of the same, since I have the Camera mounted and harness bar with 5 point belts. I always get the "is it real " most of the time I just shrug it off and tell them of course I'm not a Mustang owner. I started bringing the new Z28 to some local cruise nights and they seem to like the NOS setup. It always makes me laugh when I hear someone trying to talk about NOS like they know all about it. I always hear "man that thing must fly with that big bottle..sorry kid..has nothing to do with how fast she'll go, just how mnay runs I can make before fillup. I had this other guy who didn't know I owned the car ragging on it telling his buddy, ya those "Z"'s you hit the switch and leave valve train parts behind, So I walked over to him and asked him what he was driving, of course,,stang..So I tell him, considering that I've never been beat by a Mustang in either my Vette or Z, I'll stay with the bowties :beer

S

Stan A

Great Story!!!

Hi Kevin,

Great story and oh how true about how many people do not know about the TT.

Your a great ambassador for our cause. Keep up the good work.

Take care,
Stan

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
I had a similar conversation with *89x2* yesterday while we were at a Corvette show. His impressions of the guy that asked him how long he's had his turbo was absolutely priceless!! ROFL :L :L :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom