Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

interior light stays on

Red73BB

Corvette
1969 dark red convert
The interior light stay on becauce of the passenger's door light switch doesn't have enough "contact" to push the switch in all the way to shut off the circuit.

Question: I don't see an adjustment to the switch or the strike plate. Does someone have a solution? It look like the switch needs to come out about 1/8"

Thanks, Gary

The door switches are auto-adjusting- they only adjust INward, however. You have 2 options:
1) Tape a washer to the door to push the switch in.
2) Replace the switch (I belive the driveres side is a 'two-pin' switch.

Needless to say, Option 1 is a whole lot easier.

There is a third option that I used:

Put a small o-ring on the center pin - it pulls out - this will keep the center of the switch sticking out and allow the switch to work.

If you use a knife blade, you can get behind the center part of the plunger and pull it out. Then slip a very small o-ring over the center pin and shut the door. This will 'readjust' the switch and keep if center pin from 'adjusting' in too far.

thanks!

Using your idea, I placed a soft plastic spacer behind the "strike" plate, so it is closer to the door and.... and the interior lights went out:D I didn't want to tape anything for the fear of pulling off the paint when I removed the tape.

I would like a perment solution which I will fix in the future.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom