Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

interior packages

billd

Corvette
2001 red convertible, 1985 wht
Hi everyone

I have an 84 that has aged carpeting and seats I saw that Ecklers has some kits in thier catalog but It would sure be nice to get it a little cheaper than Ecklers. Anyone got any suggestions?

Billl

I have heard of people using a special fabric dye to bring back the deep color of sun-bleached carpet. My 84 too has some kinda crappy looking carpet, not that bad, but bleached out from 18+ years of California sun.

I might concider lookin gat Corvette Centrals (http://www.corvettecentral.com) carpet prices, they seem to have better prices than Ecklers. They also offer two different types of carpet, the OEM style and the budget style. The drawbacks to the budget style, apparently, is that they do not manage heat very well and your legs and feet might get a little sweaty on longer drives. You could always, in addition, purchace the heat shield pieces that they sell. At $100 or so, it kinda defeats the purpose of budget carpet.

I bought a complete carpet set from www.1aautomotive.com for about 330.00. They had the perfect color for the Graphite in my 85. It was cut just right, was a blast to install, the fit was perfect.
Hardest part was removing the seats to install the front part of the carpet. Check them out!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom