Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ipod Direct to Stereo in 5 Minutes.

Guy

Proud to Support the Corvette Action Center!
Corvette
2010 CRMT Grand Sport Coupe
I just thought I'd share my experience hooking up my Ipod (portable satellite radio will work too) directly to my stereo system. Please note - your car must have the trunk mounted CD changer for my instructions to work.

I did this in 5 minutes - you can too.

http://webpages.charter.net/ggwright/ipodinst.htm

I hope this information was helpful.

:w
Guy

Briiliant!

As the guys from Guiness Stout would say: Brilliant! I'm ordering the parts today. Will have it up and running this weekend. What a great idea. Much better than one of those pick a radio deadband that's constantly changing while your cruising.

Mike

:upthumbs

There is an IPOD2CAR but that is more expensive and you can't switch the cable to a non-Ipod device.

Guy

Thanks everyone. After the install, I took it a step further. Since I'm lazy and didn't want to unplug the cable from the Ipod and plug it into my XM Radio, I connected this to the AUX2CAR - it's called an AUX3, mounts behind my seat and comes with a 3-way switch allowing me to (guess what) switch between 3 devices. The 3-way switch is mounted in my console glove box in the same hole the 2nd lighter/power port is located. But that is another story ;).
aux3

Guy

Thanks for the info. Will this allow control of the ipod thru the changer like i have seen with other interfaces?
Thanks again

appreciate you taking the time to document everything and making up a web page :cheers:

road_racefan said:
As the guys from Guiness Stout would say: Brilliant!

uhh... dis be teh guy :
BRILLIANT.JPG

Mike Mercury said:
uhh... dis be teh guy :
BRILLIANT.JPG

That would be the guy! Not to hijack this thread, but I really liked the commercial where he and his invention partner wore Limberger cheese on their heads to a Green Bay Packers game, and then wondered why everyone was keeping their distance from them. :L

-Patrick

Patrick said:
That would be the guy! Not to hijack this thread, but I really liked the commercial where he and his invention partner wore Limberger cheese on their heads to a Green Bay Packers game, and then wondered why everyone was keeping their distance from them. :L

-Patrick

We'll discuss this hijack in June :beer. ;LOL

Guy

One more note:

Your CD changer will no longer work. The reason is because one of the first steps is to unplug the CD changer and plug that cable into the AUX2CAR box. That cable not only runs the sound, but powers the CD changer too. I prefer the MP3 player over the changer, so my changer is going to sit on a shelf and collect dust. ;)

Guy

So if you don't have a CD changer back there are there factory routed wires that I can tap into?

Craig

Z06ADCT said:
So if you don't have a CD changer back there are there factory routed wires that I can tap into?

Craig

You will have to buy a changer cable and connect it in the passenger footwell. The two plugs it connects to in the footwell are not the same as the plug that attaches to the changer, used by the Ipod adapter. However, nothing says you have to route it to the rear compartment. You could bring it down the side of the center console, and have it come out in the console compartment. You could also cut and splice it to a shorter length.

Thanks! I'll look into it.

Craig

The link posted no longer works, is there an updated link location??

http://webpages.charter.net/ggwright/ipodinst.htm

Sorry, there is no new link and I after posting this over 2 years ago, I didn't save the instructions. All you need is a C5 with the rear mounted CD changer, an Aux2box and the proper harness (I bought both from http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=749 ). Unplug your cd changer in the trunk, hook the new harness to the cd harness you just unplugged, plug that into the Aux2car and run a supplied cable to where you want your Ipod, XM Radio or other Mp3 player. Tune your radio to Aux. The radio will think it's playing cd 1 track 1. Check for the proper dip switch setting in my original posts.

I have no idea how to set up anyting other than a C5 with a trunk mounted cd player.

Hope this helps.
Guy

Thanks, just what I was looking for.
This wiring process appears the simplist, however it will not charge my iPhone while in use. I can address that issue another way.
Thanks again
Trackman

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom